9: wait for it

-veronica's pov-

We released the song a few days ago, and it blew up. There were more nice comments than negative ones. I tweeted the link to the song and Jawn replied 'imagine using your boyfriend for clout.' so i tweeted back 'imagine not knowing anything about someone and deciding to be petty, and come after them for no reason.' Ricky tweeted 'oh and Jawn next time you decide to come after someone, this collaboration was my idea.' I texted the boys explaining to them that I worked with Jawn on the Ariana Grande album, and when she tried to get me fired I went off on her. And Jawn has apparently hated me ever since.  Chris calls me and makes sure I'm ok. We talk for a few minutes, before he has to get back to work on the album.

I start writing a song, I let all of my feelings out. I am far from a spoiled little rich girl, i grew up poor, i had to work my way out of Staten island. I texted Chris 'Hey can i use your recording studio for a bit?" he texts back "baby you know i don't care. I wanna hear what your recording when i get home.'' I text back "you definitely will."

I go upstairs and start recording the song.  I get done and listen to it, smiling. I was proud of this song. I put my heart into it. The song I wrote about my life, Chris was the only one who knew everything about me. The fact my mom  died during 9/11, my dad going to jail for more shit than i can count. I had to fight my way out, of being known as his daughter. I'm trying to be a better person, for myself and Chris. I'm not used to everything going well for me for this long. Chris and I have been together for eight months. And I couldn't be happier.

I get a text from Pete saying 'I'm sorry for what happened, she broke up with me." i text back 'i'm sorry for what i said Pete, I'm sorry she broke up with you. Want to come over and hang with the guys and i tonight.' he texts back ' if they don't mind.' i call chris and he answers freaking out. He says "is everything ok?" i say "yes, i'm sorry to freak you out, but i wanted  to ask, if pete can come hang with us and the guys tonight, Ariana just broke up with him." he says "we don't mind baby."