Definitely Not Like Training! (Pt. 2)

Alllright! I'm so sorry for the wait, thank you all for your patience with this, I'll be working on this a lot more. Also, is anyone else super obsessed with My Hero Academia?? I just finished binge watching it and holy moly did it turn out to be my favorite anime of all time! I kinda want to write a MHA fanfic oops lolol but I'm not taking on anymore projects until I get my existing ones done! Pinky promise!! Also I'm switching up the format cause I really hate the long paragraphs that only break when there's a change of view or a time skip

*Reader's P.O.V.*
Tazuna grunted, arms crossed and face set in a grumpy expression as always.
"I have no choice but to tell you- no, I want you to know. You were right, this mission is beyond the original rank. The one who seeks my life is a very short man who casts a very long shadow. I'm sure you've heard of him before. He's among the wealthiest men in the world- the shipping magnet, Gato."
Kakashi-sensei seems to recognize the name and place it to a business leader. It seems familiar to me, like I've heard of him before, but I know nothing about the man. Tazuna continues, "He is from a famous company that's true, but below the surface with the same ruthless methods he uses to take over businesses, he sells drugs and contraband using gangs and ninja."

The man went on to explain how Gato had taken over all of The Land of Waves by controlling their transport and shipping. I nodded along as the story continued, my gaze passing over the other Genin and taking in their expressions. Sasuke, monotone as always, Sakura looked focused, and Naruto... looking as Naruto-y as ever. With the mention of the bridge, I look back over to Tazuna as he explains that the bridge is a sign of hope and better future for the whole population of the island. I take a deep breath. Gangs and enemy ninja? Will we be able to handle this? Will Kakashi-sensei even consider continuing on..? I grimace as the bridge builder rambles on.
"If you leave once you drop me ashore, they'll assassinate me before I even reach home. But don't feel bad about that. Of course, my sweet innocent grandson will cry. He'll say, 'grandad! I want my grandad!'" My jaw dropped at the whiney voice Tazuna took up. He's seriously using guilt-tripping tactics to get us to continue with this!? Even if it costs all five of our lives? It was incredulous. Then again.. even if Tazuna hadn't mentioned his grandson, I know what choice I would've made.

I'm a ninja, one that wants to protect everyone, save everyone.. because I failed, I failed to protect the ones I love most. I look down at my hand that is now clenched into a fist. (Y/b/n)... (Y/s/n).. Mother... because I failed to save you all, I will do anything I can to help others. I know you would want that. Although.. even though I want to help this bridge builder.. I can't help but wish Sakura would chop his head as he continued to list off all the things that would happen to him and his family if we were to abandon him until Kakashi-sensei finally gave in, though I had a feeling he would've accepted anyway without the guilt-tripping.

As we neared The Land of Waves and travelled through a tunnel, suddenly the thick fog vanished, though not entirely. I could tell it lifted everyone's spirits, even if they didn't show it as clearly as Naruto. After the boat guy dropped us off, Tazuna thanked him then promptly turned around and ordered us to take him home.
"And I mean in one piece." He added gruffly. As we began guiding the old man to his destination, I noticed Kakashi-sensei looked deep in thought. Why wouldn't he be? He's got four Genin to take care of plus the bridge builder. Plus.. I've only recently recovered.. I wonder if he thinks I'll be a burden. I only sigh and continue acting as a guard to our client.

After a few moments, I notice Sasuke's pace quickens and catches up to Naruto in the front. Is he.. trying to compete? I wonder, when out of no where Naruto runs ahead, looks around, then throws a knife somewhere random in the bushes shouting "There!" We all stand, dumbfounded, until Naruto straightens up and flicks his hair confidently, "It was just a mouse." He stated, to which Sakura bursts out about how stupid he is. Kakashi-sensei interrupts to try and scold him, but Tazuna wants to join in on the fun and starts yelling at Naruto as well. I sweatdrop and stay silent, observing the comical scene before me. His antics continue until he almost makes rabbit kabobs.