Lunch Date!

So, my little asparaguses, the first thing you might have noticed is the title change! It's been a few days and I think I'm settled on this one! Thank you to Angry_Cinnamon_Roll for your suggestion! It helped a lot! :) Anyways, here's the next chapter for you lovely humans~

*Reader's P.O.V.*
It's been a few days since I first became a part of the Nara household. For the most part, I was left on my own because of the many missions Shikamaru and the rest of the team had to go on. Though after his missions, we would go to a field and practice yoga under the beautiful sky of a setting sun. It surprised me as much as the next person that Shikamaru would do yoga with me, but I wasn't complaining. In fact, I think he secretly liked it- it being a slow and steady exercise that allowed your senses to sharpen and your mind to focus or wander as you please. Besides that, we began training together too. Though I enjoyed my time with Shikamaru, I felt guilty that he had to be stuck with me. He didn't just have to go on missions during the day, but he also had to spend his time helping me when he could be doing something else. On top of that, we share a room for the time being and I always feel as if I'm in the way. Sighing, I look up at the ceiling from where I stand in front of the sink in the kitchen. Mrs. Nara notices, and puts a hand on my shoulder with a smile. "You're probably worrying about Shikamaru, aren't you? Well, don't worry too much! I know it's hard to depend on someone else when you're used to being alone, but between you and me.. Shikamaru seems a lot happier with you around! You're the first girl he can seem to tolerate. You must be something special, just don't tell him I said anything!" She chuckled, patting my head. A smile crept its way onto my face. "Thanks! I needed that." I beamed at her, laughing along. Mrs. Nara always seemed to know what to say- maybe she has some type of maternal superpower. Feeling a bit better, I resumed my task of washing the dishes and handing them to her for her to dry. With not being able to train myself, and nothing to do while Shikamaru is gone, I've spent my time helping around the house as much as I can.

*TIME SKIP WHILE I DANCE ALONE IN MY ROOM TO A SONG*

*Reader's P.O.V.*
I've just started doing laundry with Mrs. Nara when a question pops into my mind. "Mrs. Nara.. What was Shikamaru like when he was younger?" I ask as I fold another shirt. Mrs. Nara seems to brighten up at this and she suddenly stands up. "Oh, I've been wondering when you'd ask that! Let me go get his baby pictures!" And with that, she runs off to find them. I laugh at her abruptness, and sit patiently until she comes back with a handful of pictures. With every picture she shows, she tells stories of funny or cute things he did as an infant. "..Oh, here's one of my favorites! It's my little boy face planted in his baby food because he's too tired to eat! And here- this is his first bath! Did you know his first word was 'bummer'? He was lazy even as a baby." We both giggle as she tells me more and more. Just as she's showing me a picture of a naked baby Shikamaru, the said ninja enters the room. "What are you two.. wha- Mom!! Hey, you told me you'd stop showing those to people!" Shikamaru quickly snatches the photos from his mother, looking rather annoyed. But it was obvious from the redness in his cheeks that he was embarrassed. I bit my lip to keep from laughing. Now if that's not cute, I don't know what is! Who would have ever known Shikamaru could blush!? Mrs. Nara only glanced ruefully at the pictures before sighing. "Oh, but I didn't even get to show her the one with you playing your first game of Shogi!" I clasp my hands and look up at Shikamaru. "Aw, come on! I already saw most of them, can't I see the rest?" I fake whimper, which he just scoffs at and looks away. "No way. I'm putting these back, and you better not think of showing them off again. What a drag." He sighs, walking away from us.

*TIME SKIP TO LATE AFTERNOON CAUSE WHAT THE H-E-DOUBLE HOCKY STICKS*

*Reader's P.O.V.*
"Listen, I know you've been training hard recently, so I want you to take a break today. Here- I'll treat you to lunch. Have Choji go with you, I know how much he likes to have lunch with you. And that other girl on your team, too! What was it, Ino?" Mrs. Nara smiles sweetly as she hands an enormous wad of cash to Shikamaru. My jaw drops at the size of the stack, wondering what Shikamaru's mother was thinking. That could cover a lifetime of lunch, let alone one sitting! How much do they plan on eating?? Mrs. Nara patted my head, which she does a lot now, and rushed us out the door. "Have fun, you two!" She waves us off before gently shutting the door after we begin walking. I have my crutch with me, but I rarely use it now. Soon, I won't need it at all! We head in the direction of the bbq restaurant and look at Shikamaru in wonder. "Aren't we going to stop by Choji's and Ino's first?" Shikamaru just smirks at my question. "Believe me, Choji will already be there. Every time someone treats him to food, he heads straight for the restaurant. It's almost like a sixth sense of his- he just knows." And sure enough, when we arrive at the restaurant, Choji is already there. I gawk in awe, surprised Shikamaru was correct after all, but still wondered about Ino. "I just knew it! Your mom sent you here to treat me, didn't she?" Choji bellowed proudly, a wide smile on his face. "Yeah, you got me. She's treating us." Shikamaru snickered as we enter the restaurant. Before I step in, I see Ino walking by. Talk about perfect timing. "Hey, Ino!" I wave, smiling at her. Ino stops and looks around until she notices me. She brightens up and skips on over, smiling. "Wow, (Y/n)! How's your recovery coming along? You look great!" She coos while giving me a hug. Returning the hug, I giggle and reply enthusiastically. "Great! Shikamaru, Choji, and I are just going to grab some lunch. Want to come join?" Before I give her time to respond, I grab her hand and continue in the building, dragging her to the booth the two males chose. I sat next to Choji, while Ino sat beside Shikamaru. "Wha- I never said I'd come!" Ino protested, but I stopped her. "Oh, come on! Please? You could call this team bonding." I gave her puppy eyes, to which she couldn't refuse. She sighed, with a hint of a smile, indicating that she gave in to my wishes. "Fine, but I'm on a diet!" She crossed her arms while I rolled my eyes. Just in time, a waiter comes by and asks for our order. We each state what we want, with Choji alone ordering enough for ten people, and engage in casual conversation once the waiter leaves. "So, what's it like living with Shikamaru? I bet you're growing tired of him, huh, (Y/n)?" Ino snickers, her arms crossed in front of her chest. I giggle as Shikamaru sighs, and reply with a shake of my head "Actually, it's probably the other way around." I mention to Ino how much Shikamaru has done for me, though I leave out the part of sharing a room. I figure that they don't necessarily need to know that- or anyone, for that matter. Just then, Choji decides to speak up. "Y'know Shikamaru wouldn't do that for just any girl. But, who could blame him with such a pretty girl like you?" He smiles at me as I blush at the compliment. "You're too sweet, Choji. I really look forward to hanging out with both you and Ino more once I recover." I remark as I return the smile.