6. First Day Off

I don't have anything to say except that I am now accepting Music Requests! IF you'd like to request music, please refer to the chapter titled "Requests!!"

*Reader's POV*
I wake up aching and sore. My mind has mostly healed but my head still hurts badly, along with my stomach. Why is someone as crazy as Guy-sensei teaching Genin anyway...
I sigh, slowly sitting up, a pained noise bubbling from the back of my throat as I do so. Stiffly walking to my bathroom, I lift my shirt in front of my mirror so I can get a peek at the damage done.

A big, fist-sized bruise takes place in the middle of my stomach with a range of colors from a sickly yellow to an unhealthy blue. I scrunch my face up, the bandage on my eye wrinkling as I do so.
"Well.. time to get ready I guess." I sigh, feeling groggy from sleep and weariness. After a nice, hot shower I slip on a towel around my body while I dry my hair with another one.

Once finished dressing (along with the rest of my morning routine), I roll my stiff  shoulders and huff, knowing I'll have to face Guy-sensei again. I guess I should hurry up.. Though, even as I think that, I hesitate by the door to look back at my room. After arguing with myself for about a minute or two, I finally go back to my room to grab my favorite necklace. It's placed in a small glass bottle, about the size of my pinky finger, with a cork top to keep it safe. The necklace itself has a gold-ish chain with an oval at the end which opens up to reveal a picture of (Y/b/n) and Mother. Sadly, I don't have a picture of my sister or Father. When I got this necklace, my younger sister wasn't born yet and Father didn't take pictures. Well, now I know why Father never took pictures of himself.

Before heading out, I clip my necklace on and hide the oval under my shirt. The necklace doesn't look shiny or new—probably because I got it when I was four and didn't properly take care of it till I was older—but I still love it. Forcing my mindset out of the past, I grab ahold of the doorknob in front of me and turn it, briskly opening the door. To my surprise, I find Iruka-sensei at my door, his hand up as if he were about to knock.

"Oh...uh, hi Iruka-sensei!" I bow to him. He smiles down at me.
"Hello, (Y/n). I just came to tell you you don't have anything to do today. All of your teams are busy, and they don't need help today, so you have the day off."
"The day off..?"
Iruka-sensei nodded. "Yes, and it's probably better this way. I heard what happened yesterday."
I look down sheepishly. "Yeah...I won't do it again, Iruka-sensei..."

Iruka nodded, smiling at me again, "It's alright, you learned your lesson." Isn't he just a ray of sunshine.. I catch myself thinking about how different him and Guy-sensei are, almost forgetting to reply.
"Er, well, thank you Iruka-sensei." The man nods and says his farewells. I watch him walk away, waving to him until he's out of sight.
Now.. no way am I going to have a day off while others work! With that, I close my door behind me and zip off.

**TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY......BY..........by.......by *dramatic gasp* NO ONE!?!?!?**

*Reader's POV*
"I suppose I should work on my Taijutsu.. After yesterday, I don't feel much like training in anything else," I grumble to myself, "but first I need to stretch!" It hurts to twist around and do some of the other exercises, but afterwards I'm glad that I hadn't skipped it. Ultimately, it feels refreshing—even with the pain.

I start slowly and without full force, gradually gaining speed, force, and trying out some complex Taijutsu maneuvers. Eventually, I get into a rhythm and everything else ceases to exist.. well, until I abruptly sense a familiar chakra within the immediate area. I stop immediately and furrow my brows. I thought everyone was busy today...

Glancing over my shoulder reveals that it's Sakura, standing someways off. I stare at her and she stares back. After a moment, I fully turn towards her while wondering why she's here and what she would want.
"Hello, Sakura." I say a bit tensely, though I suppress my annoyance. Everyone deserves a second chance.. She just stares at me. Maybe she just doesn't know what to say?