2. Graduation!

Ok!!!! So, I promised a little info for this chapter, didn't I? Well, here you have it! You get to pick... YOUR OWN KEKKEI GENKAI!! Well, the name of it... So whenever you see (K/g) it's your Kekkei Genkai. Remember, you get to pick the NAME of it. The Kekkei Genkai itself will be up to me (sorry). Otherwise, have fun ;)!

*Reader's POV*
I sit up immediately, sweating and gasping for air. That was close... I put a hand on my left side. Can't let it happen again.. Shaking my head, I ignore the pain radiating from my left side. Having trouble controlling me now, huh? I sigh and rub my eyes, (yes, eyes, you took your bandage off) knowing I won't be able to fall back asleep. I look at the time, 3:24 a.m. Might as well start training. I stretch, putting on my usual outfit and the signature blue sandals, then walk out of my lonely house.

I run to the training grounds as a warm up which also helps to clear my mind and calm my earlier worries. It's dead silent when I arrive, but what else do you expect so early in the morning? It's dark outside, so I come to decide that I should practice my taijutsu. Fighting in the dark can be difficult, so better to practice it now than be inexperienced when the time comes to need it. With that in mind, I start my training with a punch to the nearest wooden post.

Three hours later, I'm on the ground pulling out the last of the slivers I've obtained in training when someone walks up to me. I don't look up, I already know who the person is. "What are you doing here, loser?" The boy sneers, crossing his arms.
"So first you tell me to stay away, and now you approach me of your own free will?" He growls at that. I pull the very last sliver out, then look up at Duckbutt. (Ok just that once XD Or not :P) He huffs and leans against the pole I've beaten to the point it's barely standing.

"Wouldn't do that if I were you." Too late. The pole falls over and so does he. I shake my head and chuckle at the surprised look on his face. He has an irk mark and grits his teeth as he sits up. I wrap my hands in bandages, a smile remaining on my face. Suddeny, I stop as I get a massive headache. I grunt and clutch my head with both bandaged hands, closing my eyes tightly. A painful gasp escapes me as the headache becomes worse.
"I-I need to go." Without another glance in Sasuke's direction, I get up and stumble away into the nearby forest.

Once I regain some of my strength, I run a good distance to make sure the boy I left behind isn't following. Dammit, not now! I got school, go away! Tripping, I fall and land on my knees, still clutching my head. I sit down on my legs and shake my head, trying to rid the pain. No, stop! Not now! A tear rolls down my cheek. Please.... My eye widens as the headache subsides and I release a shaky sigh of relief and lean against the trunk of a tree. Holding my chest with one hand and putting the other on the ground for a bit of support, my breathing soon returns to normal.

After a few minutes, I get up and take deep breath, then walk slowly in the direction of school. It starts soon anyway. Not wanting to see anyone until I get to the academy, I unwrap my bandage from my other eye. I'm out of practice, but worth a try. I concentrate, then whisper, "Byakugan!" My eyesight changes and I can see people's chakra. When I activate my Byakugan, I feel the skin around my temples tighten as the veins bulge out. I also know my (e/c) eye turns paler, but doesn't exactly match my actual Byakugan.

I sense that Sasuke's chakra is a ways away, but coming closer in my general direction, so I jump onto a tree branch and start leaping branch to branch towards school. I avoid any chakra I can see within the range of my Byakugan, which isn't very far sense I hadn't had time to train with it. Hey, that Hyuga kid has the Byakugan, maybe he can train me... First I would have to reveal it to him, though. I don't want to do that until at least the Chunin exams.

I'm finally on school grounds, so I take a break and sit down on a branch, looking down at the bandage in my hand. If they find out about my past... Shaking the thought away, I wrap the bandage around my right eye and leave my left (e/c) eye.
"So, Byakugan?" I spin around to face someone I didn't expect to see.
"S-Shino!" I exclaim, standing up while he stands on another branch a few feet away from me.
"Uh...I..i-is it too late to deny it..?" My hand automatically reaches up and touches the bandages around my eye. He doesn't say anything.
"...Can you please keep a secret?" I plead, biting the inside of my cheek.
He shrugs in response,"Sure. If you tell me one thing."