Chapter eighteen

Also, now that my daddy knows most of what's going on he's filing for sole custody of me so that my mama can't take me away again and because he knows most of what James had done, just not the worst of it..

March 16, 1971
Sophie's POV.

My daddy and I have to go to Los Angeles for a court case involving my dad trying to get full custody of me.
We're leaving this afternoon since the court case is scheduled for Friday which is in two days from now.
After the trial but daddy says that I've got to go see a doctor before we can go home and that once we get home I'll be able to drive the golf cart.

March 18, 1971
Elvis' POV.
Once we left the courthouse Sophie, the Memphis Mafia, and I went to the hospital to get Sophie a complete-body search which I knew was mandatory.
They ended up putting Sophie to sleep and made all of us leave the room before they had to do a rape-kit on her as one odd three tests that had been ordered by the court just th o make sure that nothing had occurred during her stay with James and Susanna or while she was in my care.. they said that it was just a precaution so that they know everything that they can about the case.

An hour or two later.
Still Elvis' POV.

We're back at these courthouse since the hospital sent the results there for the case.
As the judge was talking about the case he began talking about the tests from the hospital.. James hurt Sophie..he hurt my little girl..
As soon as I heard him name come out of the judges mouth I sat Sophie in Lamar's lap and got up, going after the motherfucker.
I. WAS. PISSED.
In the matter of seconds I had James on the ground and was beating the fuck out of him as the Memphis Mafia along with a few security guards were trying to stop me and get me away from him.
As soon as the guys got me away from him the security guards got James into handcuffs and were taking him away.
The guys had to hold me back until he was gone.
Lamar took Sophie out of the room so that she wasn't in the middle of what was going on and so that she didn't see everything that was happening.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY HOLIDAYS