Chapter seventeen

Elvis questioned me the entire way upto the house and then I had to repeat everything once the rest of the Memphis Mafia, Priscilla, and Mary had seen me in Elvis' arms.

About an hour and a half later.
Sophie's POV.
By about 9:45pm Elvis had gotten me bathed and dressed into some pajamas that he had gotten me the last time I was here.
He's been working on getting my hair brushed out because I couldn't get it done since it was matted.
I'd only gotten a quick shower once since I had gotten to Mr and Mrs Garrett's house and that was only when I first got there which was only because they wanted to make sure that I wasn't bringing any diseases or bacteria with me even though I hadn't been anywhere besides Graceland and James' house where mommy lives.
Graceland..it adds up..that's why they got meaner..because they hated Elvis..
They were really christian growing up and still are.
They only allow gospel to be played in their house and even though my daddy sings gospel music occasionally, being religious himself, they didn't accept his other music or his dances on stage.

March 4, 1971
Still Sophie's POV.
My daddy hired someone to come to Graceland and cut my hair for me the next morning when I got up since we couldn't get my hair unmatted even though we used a ton of different products that Priscilla had.
Now my hair is short and I don't mind too much but I kind of miss my long hair because my shoulders get cold.
My hair is like a pixie cut but it's about shoulder length instead of being as short as a regular pixie cut.
Also, now that my daddy knows most of what's going on he's filing for sole custody of me so that my mama can't take me away again and because he knows most of what James had done, just not the worst of it..