Chapter eight

The guys went and got their kids so that Lisa and Sophie could have some friends to play with during the party.
Sophie hasn't met them yet but Lisa likes them.

I tried to talk Sophie into going over with Lisa so that she could make some friends bit she refused.
I figured that she was just being shy spo I walked her over to the kids' table where all of the kids were painting teacups which is something that I had picked up while we were shopping along with small stuffed animals that were put into the teacups as party favors for the kids who showed up.
I got Sophie to paint a little bit but when I walked away from the table to talk with the adults, Sophie got up from the table and followed me so I told her that she'd be fine at the table without me and tried to explain to her that the kids were nice but she didn't seem interested.

About an hour and a half later.
Sophie has been following me around for most of the party so far.
She painted with the kids for a little bit after I talked her into it but she didnt stay there long.
Right now we're in the basement where we set up the pinata so that the kids would have more room to swing the bat to hit the pinata.
Sophie got to hit the pinata first since it's her birthday party and then it went from youngest to oldest.
We spun the older kids around three times but only spun Lisa once since she's only little and wanted to participate.
During her swing, Cindy (Joe's kid) ended up accidentally hitting Sophie with the bat because Sophie was standing a little too close and Cindy was blindfolded.
Sophie instantly bursted into tears which caused Cindy to quickly take off the blindfold, immediately feeling really bad because she's the one who hit her.
Cindy tried to apologize to Sophie but she just ran over to me which I was surprised about because she usually wants nothing to do with me, especially when she's upset or gets hurt.
She usually goes straight to her mom, Susanna, when anything happens.
I picked Sophie up and held her, rubbing her back as she cried.
I told everyone to go ahead and start hitting the pinata again while I took Sophie upstairs to the main floor.