Chapter thirteen

Mommy doesn't believe that Debbie started it and she thinks that I was just acting up even though I've tried to tell her what really happened that day.

January 18, 1971
Later that afternoon.

Mommy and James got married today.
They left for their honeymoon a few hours ago and it's already terrible here.
Johnny, an 10-year-old boy with brown hair and green eyes, broke an expensive vase while he and his twin brother, William, were running around with their little sister, Suzie-Mae.
William is a 10-year-old boy with brown hair and brown eyes who's looks really scrawny because of how skinny he is compared to his siblings.
Suzie-Mae is a 8-year-old girl with long, light-brown hair and bright green eyes.

A Few Days Later.
Still Sophie's POV.
January 24, 1971

Johnny, William, and Suzie-Mae got me into trouble a few times today by doing things that they knew they weren't allowed to do and then blamed it on me like they always do when I'm stuck here for however long my mommy can talk Mr and Mrs Garrett to keep me.
I got sent to my room without dinner, again, and I had to go to sleep 2-hours before everyone else after doing all of the chores around the house like always..nothing new..
I've been trying to get Mrs Garrett to call my daddy for me so that I could talk to him but she won't do it.
She says that it's "orders from James".
When Mr and Mrs Garrett refer to James as my 'daddy' since he and my mama got married but I won't call him that..I refuse.
I've already got a daddy, I don't need another one..let alone one of the two men that I hate the most.

January 30, 1971
Still Sophie's POV.
I've been told that my mommy and James arrived home from their honeymoon a few days ago but I still haven't heard from them since the day of their wedding..I didn't get to talk to my mama much that day..
I got caught searching through the phonebook for my daddy's number last night and I got in big trouble..Mr Garrett beat me with a switch from a tree out in their back garden.
I have bruises on the back of my upper thighs, my bottom, and my back from the switch.

Feburary 2, 1971.
Sophie's POV.
It's been almost a month since my mama got married and I still haven't seen her.
I heard Mrs Garrett on the phone with my mama..they plan to keep me here..
Mrs Garrett and Mr Garrett were talking in the kitchen last night after the phone call and she told him that my mama found out that she was pregnant which is why mama and James have decided to keep me here so that they can start over with their new baby.