Chapter#10

Happy reading!!!!

***************************************

"Arzu only a week is left in exams." Maheen seems worried and closes the book in frustration.

" So? Why are you taking anxiety of exams? Anxiety has never done any good to anyone?"

I turn the next page of my notes, lowering my head and start to read the page.

"It is natural Arzu. You know I am a person who doesn't take tension rather can gift it to others. But exams are the worst enemies." She scrunches up her face and glares at her books. While looking up at her from my notes, her reaction to exams forces a laugh out of my mouth.

" I know you are a tension donator." I burst into soft giggles and receive a cushion from her which unfortunately hits my face with a blow. Two strands fall over my face and I try to blow them up with my mouth but don't succeed.

" I am not bad at studies." She twists her lips in irritation.

" Haha. Don't be angry. I was just trying to make you feel relaxed." I push back my hair strands with my hand.

" Mmmmm. Yeah. I know." She finally picks up her book from the side table and open it in front of her.

" Mahi. Don't take tension. You have always scored good grades and will do it in the future too. Just have faith in yourself and Allah."

She nodes her head at me with a smile and we both begin to study our notes and books.
After an hour, Maheen's mother come in her room and puts down a bowl of oranges and empty plates on the table in front of us.

" Thank you aunt."

"Thank you, Mom."

" May both of you succeed. Amen." She gives us a smile.

"Thank you aunt. All we need is your prayers."

"Arzu. You should teach Maheen to work harder. She loves to waste her time on phone like it is some kind of worship for her." Aunt Areeba scolds her daughter and shakes her head. Maheen pouts, looking at mother with complaining eyes.

"Haha. Sure aunt. But Maheen is more intelligent than me."

" Arzu, have I ever told you before that I love it when you say that I am super intelligent?" She squeals jumping up from the seat and sits with me on the two seated couch.

"No." I shake my head.

"Then I am telling you now that I loved to hear you calling me super intelligent."

"My daughter. Arzu looks exhausted, I guess that is why it slipped from her tongue." Her mother twists her lips to suppress her chuckle.

" You agree with my mom?" She lifts her right eyebrow, looking at me with challenging eyes.
She is giving me a look of 'don't you dare to agree with her. I am your bestie girl.'

"Aaaah. Yes. I think I agree with her. After all one should never argue or disagree with one's elders." I look at both of them with the most innocent face.

"You..... Arzu. You are so mean, cruel." She hits me again with the cushion, and I am laughing hard, trying to dodge her blows.

"Oho. Beti(daughter) Arzu was just teasing you along me." Her mother shakes her head with an amused face.

"You both make a team against me." She huffs.

"We are not a bad team though." I give aunt Areeba a high five and Maheen gives us an irritant look but within a few seconds she bursts into giggles.