Chapter# 22

Enjoy the reading ❤️

***************************************

“Take some rest for a while sweetheart.” Irfan drags a chair near me and forces me to sit in. He leans forwards, roaming his eyes on my face and then drags them down to my neck. I grind me teeth, trying my best to gulp down my anger but don't succeed.

“Keep your filthy sight off my body.” I yell at him, kicking him in the leg but that bastard doesn't budge an inch from his spot.

“This holler won't bring any superman to save you. So make the sound of shut up.” He sneers at me, twirling a lock of my hair around his
forefinger.

“Don't be proud of your wit and wealth. Allah is the Supreme Power. I am sure that He will save me from you, and you will rot in hell.” I speak through my teeth, shifting in the chair and struggling with the rope tied around my wrists.

“Haha. You can only dream about that yet. So stay here, talk to your unconscious cousin until we have a beautiful meeting again.” He moves away with an evil smirk, waving his fingers at me before turning towards the door and exiting the room.

I stare at the door which is once again closed from the outside and struggle to get up from the chair. I wriggle with the rope, hoping to get it loose but unfortunately don't succeed.

With a sigh I glance at Sumbul. Her beautiful face contoured with pain of betrayal is telling a heartbreaking story. The locks of her hair which she often used to touch with shyness and love whenever Irfan was mentioned, are now tangled in despair.

'Does love always hurt and break you?'

'If love is a promise then why don't people keep it?'

'Maybe only Sumbul was keeping her promise because she loved him and he, only used her.'

I jerk back to the reality out of the hive of my thoughts when I hear something strike at the window glass. I move towards it and try to drag the curtain a bit with my teeth. I find nothing out there except a wall of another building facing the window. I look down and find the wind rustling a few trees on the ground, around the haveli.

' Haha. Oh! Wind don't startle me out, I am already shocked at my zigzag life.'

Stepping back from the curtain, I look in the mirror. My face is red, eyes are swollen and lips are dry and bruised. I smile at my reflection, a bitter smile before looking down at the table near my leg. A small ornament in the shape of a ball made up of metal gathers my attention and leaves a trace of smile on my lips.

I crouch down near the table with my back against it and hold it in my bound hands. Then I get up and with my back facing the mirror, with full force I throw it on the mirror, hearing an echo of its shattering.

I still for a second in my spot, hoping that no one has heard the noise. Sighing in relief then I move towards the shattered mirror and picking up a piece of it, holding it in my bound hands try to cut the rope, just like I had watched somewhere on the TV.

Finally, getting success in my mission, I smile with happiness looking at my bruised hands which were now free. I walk towards Sumbul and try to wake her up, but she doesn't stir. I fill a glass with water from the jug, which I find on the side table of the bed and drink it, because my throat was parched. I even sprinkle water droplets on her face and pat her cheeks with my hands, but she doesn't show any movement.

'Now what should I do?' I begin to pace on the carpeted floor in frustration when suddenly some brilliant idea hits my brain.

“ Open this door. Please. Please, open this door.” I begin to yell and bang at the door, hoping for a harsh response from the other side of it.

“Now what did bite you, Bibi(lady/Madam)?” I again hear that snarling voice.

“I need to use the bathroom. Please open this door.”

“Do you think that I am an idiot?” He sounds furious.

' Well. There is no doubt about it.' I roll my eyes thinking about him.

“Many women have tried to escape by making an excuse of using the bathroom. Even your cousin did too. This tactic won't work Bibi.”

I  punch the wall in anger. God knows that how many women have been a victim of his animalistic nature. He does not deserve to be called a human, even animals won't like to be compared to him.

“ Listen. I am not trying to run away. Remember that your boss wants me alive, so please Let me use the bathroom. You can come there and wait outside till I finish if you don't trust me.” I do my best to sound manipulative, hoping that he would trust me.

“OK. But if you try to run away then I will dodge a bullet in your thick skull.”

“Don't worry, I will be a good hostage.”

After a moment, the door is opened, he steps in, and I swing the hockey I find in the room, in my hand and hit him in the head with all the might. It doesn't take him more than a second to pass out on the carpet near the door.

I mentally appreciate myself for being brave and peep out of the door to see if the way is clear. The corridor is empty, I turn back and again try to wake her up.

“Don't worry, my sister. We will be out of here. OK. Just don't worry.” I whisper to her before slipping an arm under her waist and lifting her up. Then I swing her arm around my shoulder with one hand and hold her by her waist with the other one. I begin to take small steps holding her like this and successfully exit the room.

Dragging her along me, I reach in the middle of the corridor when suddenly I hear a rumble of voices. Finding a dark corner, I hide in there with Sumbul who is still resting her unconscious head over my shoulder. The nearer those voices get, the colder my body feels.

Finally, silence again falls in the corridor and I move from place to check out my surroundings. Fortunately all is clear again. Dragging Sumbul with me like this isn't safe. I have to make sure that no one catches us because moving with her in this situation is nothing but a risk. I decide to hide her in that dark corner before walking in the corridor. In the way I find a wooden log which would be helpful in self-defense.

I exit the first corridor, but suddenly I hear a clutter of noises and bombarding of bullets. I close my ears with both of my hands and begin to run backwards, I have to save Sumbul.

The moment I take a turn in the first corridor, something is stuck in my feet, causing me to fall forward and hit in the opened door of a room. The hit is strong, I lose my balance, and I am ready to be hit by the floor awfully in my face when a strong pair of arms holds me in the middle of it and pulls me up.

My head sways and my glossy eyes look back into those gun-metal eyes before embracing the darkness.

***************************************

So. Our guy with gunmetal eyes finally came back in the story.

What are your views about this chapter? Kindly let me know. Thank you all.

Stay tuned till next update! ❤️