Chapter# 7

Enjoy the reading ❤️❤️❤️

**********************************

    It's Sunday and I had decided to visit Maheen and work on the assignment as  during Muneeb's wedding I could not focus well  on studies.

Sitting on the bed I look outside the big glass window of her room. After a few minutes a little sparrow  perches on the branch of a tree and begins to twitter its sweet melody.
Suddenly the aroma of coffee enters my system and my head snaps in the direction of Maheen bringing coffee for us.

“ Here it is, Madam.” I take the mug from her hands and breathe in its scent, then I take a sip of it.

“ What are you staring at?” I notice her eyes fixed on my face searching for something.

“ Arzu, how was the wedding week of your cousin?” She attaches the rim of the mug with her lips after the question.

“ It was awesome. All the arrangements and traditions..... It was fun.” I wonder that why she asks such a common question with so much seriousness.

“ OK! I thought we were best friends.”
I am taken aback by her statement and look at her with wide open eyes and hanging down mouth.

“ What do you mean by we were? We are best friends and will stay till death.” I tell her like I am marking a final statement which can't be altered.

“ Then we must share things with each other. Best friends are supposed to.” She shrugs.

" I share everything with you.”

“ Not everything. You didn't tell me what happened on Mehndi night.” My lips are sealed for a quick moment and finally opening them I tell her everything.

“ Why didn't you tell me this before? Hun? That night when you came home and talked to me on phone, I knew that you were hiding something.”
She puts down the mug and puts both of her hands on my knees. I look up at her.

“ I don't think he is even worthy of any discussion.” My eyes begin to examine her roomlike it's my first time visiting her, for distraction.

“ He might not be but what he is doing isn't something to keep shut up about. Tell your mother about him.”

“ My mother thinks that he is a loving boy. She doesn't know that how I feel when he is anywhere near me. And if she will know that Junaid wants to marry me, she will go mad with happiness. My mom is so naive, she can't see his true colors. He puts a chameleon to shame.” I scrunch up my face.

“ Who does he think he is? “ She shakes her head in contempt.

“ Anyways, I don't give a shit about whatever he considers himself. He can never get me. I am not so weak to give in.” I sound determined and Maheen smiles at me.

“ Umm, by the way, how is the coffee?”

“ Perfect as always bestie.” I grin at her, and she bows her head to show gratitude. Such a drama queen my best friend is. And this is what I love about her.

After coffee, we worked on our assignments together and decided to go for shopping in the evening.

**********************************************

   " Hello! Mom, I am at shopping with Maheen. Don't worry, I will be back home before evening. Bye mom.” I end the phone call and drop it in my purse.

“ Arzu. Look at these earrings. Aren't these lovely?” Maheen turns her head towards me, exposing the earrings in the ears.

“ Gorgeous.” Her face lights up, and she pays for the earrings.  Then we both move from there and enter a designer dresses outlet.