Chapter# 21

Enjoy the reading!!!!!
***********************************

   Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!
Ashhadu an la ilaha illa Allah. Ashhadu an la ilaha illa Allah.
Ashadu anna Muhammadan Rasool Allah. Ashadu anna Muhammadan Rasool Allah.

(God is Great! God is Great! God is Great! God is Great!
I bear witness that there is no god except the One God.
I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of God.
I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of God)

Hearing the peaceful Azaan (call for Prayer) coming from some distant mosque, I lift my head, throbing with pain and try to get up from the floor where I had passed out due to immense crying.

The room is still dark but a small circular shadow of  twilight out of a small circular ventilater appears on a wall, summoning the arrival of morning. My head sways  when I stand on my feet on the floor so I swiftly steady myself, putting a hand on the wall.

One night has passed away,
Far from my home,
Far from comfort zone of my mother.

Mmm... mother!

The thoughts about my mother and home begin to kill my nerves and I again feel the evil darkness clutching my throat. Helpless tears stroll down my eyes as I picture the moving face of my mother. I drag my fingers down my face in  as I give out loud  shrieks in frustration.

  “Open this damn door and let me out.” I bang the large wooden door with my fists, with all the force.

“ For God's sake open this door and let me out.” I shriek, cry and beat the door, not caring about the pain shooting through my hands in the process.

“ Or at least let me call my mother. Le....t mm… e t.. ell her tha.. t he.. r daugh... ter is ff...ine. She mm.. ust be wo.. rried.” The hiccups swallow my words as I try to speak through the closed door.

“Open this damn door.” I cry out louder this time shaking the door by holding its chains.

“ Ay bibi (Madam) ! Silence. Why are you spoiling our comfort early in the morning, Ay?” A bombarding voice and knocking from the other side of the door startles me for a moment and I shut my mouth.

“ Let me out. I need to talk to your boss.” I speak again, controlling the shaking in my voice.

“ Boss is out for some business matter. Now don't shout again, or I will shut you up for eternity.” His snarling voice comes from the other side of the door and I sense that he would really chop me into pieces if I don't shut up now.

I drag my feet backwards and sliding down a wall on the floor, I wrap my arms around me and duck my head down, looking at the floor.

" Oh my Allah help me. I call you for help my Allah Almighty." I sob in anxiety seeking help from Allah.

Suddenly my eyes fall on the pitcher of water which was full. I move towards it and perform ablution with its water.

Then I prostrate to Allah offer the prayer, with a hope that I am not alone, Creator, Protector, Allah Almighty is still with me.

' This was all my own fault. I should not have come alone... But I wanted to save Sumbul. Sumbul. Ya Allah You are the only one who can help me and her. Please keep her safe.' The thought of Sumbul in trouble brings the tears again at the brim of my eyes and I squeeze my eyes, letting them roll down my cheeks.