Chapter# 1

Enjoy the reading!

********************

     I hold the hot cup of tea in both of my hands, warming my cold hands with its heat.
The first rain of winter with the message of cold frosty days and nights, plays its music on the big glass windows of the café and the evening is drenched in its magic.

My eyes gaze on the young couples on the mall road, almost running under shades of shops and cafés, for sheltering themselves from rain.
I take out a pen and paper from my bag and write something on it.

I have passion for writing and whenever I am alone, I dive into the world of thoughts and then bring them into my world in the form of words and sentences.

A group of kids jumping in the puddle of rain, singing and dancing brings the joy in the air and I feel myself smiling the kind of smile which actually reaches my eyes.

Someone steps in the café and with it a gust of wind enters, blowing away my hair and the paper from the table, in front of me.

I put the pen down and jolt up from my seat to catch the paper but it flies away and lands a few steps away from me in the feet of someone else.
Without looking up I hurriedly take a few steps forward and bend down to pick it up but before I can do so, water droplets fall on the paper and a big masculine hand holds it and picks it up. I straighten up from my bending position and find a stranger with wet hair and clothes, looking down at the paper.

“ Oh! It's soaked.”
He holds the paper in front of his face and all that I can see are his head with some wet black hair strands touching his forehead and eyes looking down at the paper.

“ What's written on it? What is love?” His left eyebrow lifts, as he reads the words  from which now ink was spreading, spoiling their structure.

“ Love is a promise.” The words that are heard are uttered by me and it is just then that those eyes trace the paper, look up and finally land on my face. A crease is formed on his forehead, but he doesn't take the paper down, and I am still unable to see his whole face.

“ This paper is mine.” I shift in my place when his eyes are fixed on me and my eyes dart here and there, avoiding to look into his eyes.

He neither removes the paper from his face nor says something. I wait for a few seconds and then reach out to take the paper from his hand which unfortunately  slips and lands on the floor. I grit my teeth, don't wait for him to pick it up for me and bend myself to pick up the almost soaked paper, without looking at his face.

When I stand up from the previous position, I don't find him in front of me. I don't know why but my eyes desperately search for that stranger in the café among the people but don't find him.

His gun-metal eyes devoid of any emotion were deep, so deep that I shuddered for a while, just looking in them.

I roll the paper into a ball and throw it in the trash bin, kept near a wall because now it was of no use. I take a hair tie out of my purse and tie my hair into a low ponytail then I take my scarf and wrap it around my head.

“ Azru. Should we leave? The rain has stopped.” Sumbul says taking out her phone from her bag.
She scrolls down something on its screen and then slips it back into her bag.
She had gone to use washroom so that she could clean the coffee that someone had spilled on her dress accidentally.
Sumbul is my cousin, and we both have been in the café  for an hour as it was raining when we were coming back from shopping and took shelter in the café.

“ OK.” I take my purse with one hand and hang it down my shoulder, with the other hand I hold two shopping bags.

“ I hope you had good time, writing down your imagination.” She pulls the door of the café and the cold wind tingles our cheeks.