The Break up

Iruka was now four months pregnant and Kiri and Akiko have been dating for five months. Kiri was currently in the game room clearing it out because it would be the room for the twins. She was transferring the games into her own room when she got a call from Akiko. She answered the phone happily but was confused when her happiness wasn't really reciprocated.

"What's wrong, Kiko?" She asked as she sat in her room.

"I have something to tell you." Akiko said. She didn't sound happy at all and she sounded like she wanted or maybe even had been crying. It made Kiri extremely nervous and the worse came to mind. No way this was happening right now.

"W-What do you have to tell me?" She asked as her heart was pounding a million times faster than it was before.

"I- I'm really sorry Kiri I really am but I'm breaking up with you. I-I'm really sorry. Its just that I wanna be able to do stuff with you outside of school or maybe even in school without having to worry about holding hands in public. I know you're scared to tell your dad's about us and I never wanna rush you into anything you're not ready for. I-I just think that this is the best for right now." Kiri's eyes watered and a lump grew in her throat. She placed her forehead on her knee and sniffles a little before clearing her throat and bringing her head back up.

"I'm sorry." She said quietly and it made Akiko feel so bad.

"Please don't apologize and please don't blame yourself. I'm doing this for really selfish reasons so please don't think there's anything wrong with you. You're perfect Kiri and maybe we'll get back together soon but not right now."

Kiri was speechless for a few seconds. This was all so confusing to her.

"Can we still be friends?" Kiri asked. Akiko's eyes widened.

"You still wanna be friends with me after I did something like this? I don't deserve you Kiri. I feel like such an ass." Akiko said as a tear rolled down her face.

"You are." Kiri joked. The two smiled just a little.

"I really am sorry." Akiko apologized again.

"Its fine. I have to get going though so goodbye."

"Bye, Kiri. I love you." And just like that Akiko hung up. Whether she meant the love platonically or if she meant she was in love with her, Kiri didn't know. The two had never said 'I love you' to each other before and Kiri questioned why she would do it then. She felt a bus of emotions hit her at once and she broke into a sob. Kakashi, who had been standing outside the door the whole time quietly knocked before opening the door. Kiri froze as she stared up at him.

"Hey, you alright?" He asked softly as he sat on the bed. Kiri blinked in shock.

"D-Did you hear all that?" She asked cautiosly.

"Pretty much, yeah."

"I-...I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was dating her!" Kiri quickly began to apologize.

"Come here." Kakashi said and held his arms out. Kiri hugged his sids with both arms and Kakashi rubebd at her back. "We already knew, Amai." Kiri paused for a second confused.

"How? And why didn't you say anything?"

"We didn't want to rush you into anything you weren't ready to share with us yet. But, you don't have to hide something like that from us, okay? We won't be upset over something like that." He explained. She would have said that she would've told them sooner or later but now that she was thinking about it, she didn't if she actually would have. "And you know, you two handled the situation very maturely and I'm proud. You can use this experience to grow, Amai. Figure yourself out more and learn about yourself. You're gonna be just fine. Don't hesitate to tell us if you're feeling down about it cause we'll be right here. I promise." He finished off his statement with a squeeze to their hug. Kiri sniffles and wiped her face.