Happy Birthday

Its been five months. Kiri and Akiko have been awkward with each other. They don't talk much anymore but they still continue to call each other friends. They could be sitting right next to each other but not really say anything. They sometimes went out of their way to not talk to each other because they felt weird.

Iruka was actually nine months pregnant now and was ready to go at any time now. He was on leave from work now and was home all day everyday. He would drop Kiri off and pick her up as usual but right now he wasn't in the classroom. His stomach was huge and he had a dark line running down the bottom of it. He was very tired most of the day and his back hurt like hell. He got contractions pretty regularly and at his last appointment he was already four centimeters dilated so really at any time his water could break. Last night actually, Iruka was getting contractions quite often but the couple chose to not worry too much. Iruka felt like it wasn't time just yet.

But in other news, its Kirishi's thirteenth birthday. It was the last day of school until summer break started and Kiri had just woken up. She looked at her phone and saw messages from Ria, Sarada, Boruto and Tama saying Happy Birthday. She texted them all back happily with her thank you's. Instead of showering first like she normally did, she went downstairs to go see her parents. As she reached the bottom of the stairs and walks into the living room she sees her two fathers standing next to a plate of delicious breakfast foods and a chocolate cake. There were balloons behind the cake and a few presents as well.

"Happy Birthday, baby." Kakashi said first as he gave her a big bear hug.

"Thank you!" She said in excitement. She went to Iruka a gently hugged because she was scared she would hurt him. "Thanks dad. I love you guys." She said as she pulled away. Before she even thought about opening presents she took a piece of bacon off her plate and ate it. She hummed happily at the taste and her fathers only chuckled at her. Kakashi handed her the first gift that was kind of big. She smiled wide and she opened up the wrapping paper. It was a new pair of sneakers that were super cute and she knew she was gonna wear them to school today. She finished opening her other four presents which were a new phone case she had been dying to have, Bluetooth earphones that she 'casualy' mentioned that she wanted several weeks before her birthday, a new game for her PS4, and some LED lights she dropped hints about. She obviously loved all her presents and even if she didn't she wouldn't admit it to a soul.

She ate breakfast quickly before running upstairs and taking one of the fast showers she's ever taken. She quickly takes the rollers out her hair and let's large curls fall down. She separates them and fixes them up. She gets out the bathroom and she puts on the outfit she prepared last night. She put on her new shoes and squealed excitedly. She grabbed what she needed before heading down the stairs.

"You look gorgeous." Kakashi complimented her.

"Thanks, Daddy." She says with a smile.

"I'm taking you today cause Dad's back and stomach is hurting bad." Kakashi says as he grabs his keys. He was in his work uniform and had his lunch box so he must be going for the day today too. Kiri looks to her father.

"Um, okay." It made her worry but Kiri was just like that. She sometimes could worry over small things, wonder which dad she got that from. She went to her father who was sat on the couch. "Bye, Dad. Hope you feel better later. Take care of yourself, okay." She said as she hugged.

"I will. And happy birthday Amai."

"Thank you." The two head out the door and Kakashi drives Kiri to school. When she's dropped off, she finds Sarada whi gives her a big bear hug.

"Happy Birthday!" She exclaimed. The rest of her friends join in the celebration and wish her happy birthday as well. Right before the bell rang for students to head to class, Akiko shyly walks up to Kiri.