Coming Out

A few weeks had gone by and Kiri was feeling emotionally tired. She's never really kept something from her dads and especially not for this long. She was currently on the phone with Sarada and talking to her about the situation. She was wearing Akiko's hoodie and her eyes were red as she sat in her room crying and thinking about the situation.

"If you're feeling like this then I think it's time you tell them what's going on. I'm coming over okay?"

"Okay." She says sniffling. They hang up and not even a minute later she hears Iruka say, "Oh hi!" For some reasons it made her stomach drop and she began to feel queasy. It began to fill her with anxiety and she didn't know why. She felt sweaty and hot and she began to cry harder. She ran to her bathroom and sat on the floor. She began to hyperventilate a little bit and then heard her room door open slowly. Her breathing stopped abruptly and her eyes shot open.

"Amai, its me. I'm here." Sarada says softly. Kiri begins to sob harder as she stands up. She opens her bathroom door and is immediately engulfed into Sarada's arms. She could feel herself shaking as she let it all go into her arms. Sarada hugged her tightly and rubbed her back.

"Everything is gonna be okay. It's gonna be just fine." She whispered reassuring words to her as she held her. The sound of Kiri hyperventilating made Sarada pull her back. She grabbed her hands and looked her in her silver irises. "I need you to calm down and take a deep breath, okay?" She nods her head quickly and begins to take a deep breath. She cuts it short with a deep sob and throws her head back. She takes her hands and covers her face with the sleeves of the hoodie.

"I-I-I-," she tries to get out. Sarada takes her hands in her own one more time.

"Look at me." She says sternly. Kiri shakes her head. "Look at me Kirishi." She says sounding like a mother. Kiri looks at her through blurry vision. "On the count of three, take a deep breath, okay?" Kiri nods her head slowly. "1...2...3." They both take a deep breath in and then exhale. Sarada has been doing that until she calms down a little. Kiri places herself back into Sarada's arms and Sarada doesn't hesitate to hug her back. She holds her head against her shoulder as Kiri cries softly. After a few minutes, Sarada speaks again.

"Okay. We are going to go downstairs together and I will tell them to sit down. I will start off for you but you have to finish telling them. You are gonna come clean to everything you need to say and get this burden off your shoulder. Do you understand?"

Kiri nods her head slowly and a few tears slipped down her cheek. Sarada hugs her one last time before grabbing her hand and slowly leading her down the stairs. Kiri holds her head down and covers her face with the hand that Sarada wasn't holding.

"Uncles!" Sarada calls out. Kiri tenses and Sarada feels her clutch her hand.

"Yeah?" Kakashi calls out. He turns around in his seat on the couch and see the two. "Something wrong?" He couldn't see Kiri face but he felt like something was off. Iruka emerges from the kitchen with an unopened bag of chips. He spots the two as he sits down.

"Is something the matter?" He questions. The two hear Kiri sniffle and immediately grow concerned. "Oh no! What's wrong?" Iruka asks quickly. Sarada walks them to the center of the living room, right in front of them. Kiri burries her head into Sarada's back.

"Uncle Kakashi, Uncle Iruka. Kiri has been stressed out recently over a certain topic that I'm sure you both will be fine with. She's been getting some anxiety over it but she's going to tell you now." Sarada turns her body around and whispers to Kiri with a smile as she looks her in the eyes.
"It's your turn, okay? You got this." She says encouraging her. Kiri nods her head slightly and stands next to Sarada. She sees for the first time, the worried expression that her parents hold. It nearly broke her heart to see how worried they were. She wiped her eyes and face but her eyes were still very red and she was still sniffling.