the night before christmas where you made me cry, i hoped you won't say goodbye.

"Babe, I already told you I'm tired. I'm not having this conversation with you right now." Jimin sighs for the nth time. It's the night before Christmas, she just got home from work and words are not enough to express how exhausted she is right now. All she want to do was go to bed and cuddle her girlfriend to sleep but here they are, arguing over some stupid thing that can surely wait the next morning.

"But you said you'll have a day off on Christmas! I planned things for the both of us already." Minjeong whines, and if Jimin wasn't really really tired right now, she would melt at how adorable her girlfriend is being. But that's not the case tonight.

"Babe, I already told you. Things piled up at work, I need to finish them." she explains, because despite not having the energy to argue with the younger, she knew they had to settle this. In a calm way.

Or maybe not.

"Tch. That's what you always say." Minjeong spoke, tone higher than usual, or maybe even for the first time, definitely something Jimin is not used to hear. "Are you really that mad? Over this?"out of frustration and tiredness, the words slipped out of the older's mouth, and before she could take them back, it was already too late. "Ah, over this?" the blonde snorts, she can't believe what she just heard. "Are you saying you're fine with not spending Christmas with me?" she questions, and Jimin could feel the tension rising, it was suffocating. This is not their usual way of handling arguments. She has never seen Minjeong this worked up over something.

"It's not that-" before she could even come up with an excuse, the younger interrupts her. "No. Don't even bother explaining. I understand. Go and rest so you can go to your so important work tomorrow. Merry Christmas, Jimin." the younger spoke too fast that the older wasn't able to keep up. Jimin knew she fucked up and she should apologize immediately, she won't deny that. But her pride got the best of her for a minute, so before she could realize everything was already slipping away, she heard the front door close. She's already too late.

"Come on, Minjeong, why are you not picking up" It's been 5 minutes since the younger left their shared apartment, which makes Jimin feel even more guilty because this is the first time the younger walked out during an argument. "God, I'm so stupid."

"Just In, there has been a car accident near Myeong-dong. Report says both drivers are injured and a young woman who was just a passerby got caught in the accident too. Everyone is currently being treated in the nearest hospital. Once again, we are advising everyone to stay at home tonight until the heavy snow fall dies down." Jimin jumps at the sudden voice, she completely forgot she turned the television on a few minutes ago, she was too busy thinking and reaching out for the younger woman. Wait...accident? In myeong-dong?! That's literally where we live. Feeling chills run through her body, she instantly turn her head towards the television, reading the headline below the flat screen and it sent panic in her whole system. "This can't be." she hurriedly picks up her phone again, and with shaking hands, she dialed her lover's phone. "Sorry, the number you have dialed-" not even letting the voicemail finish, she tries again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

But no one's picking up.

"Come on!" she shouts in frustration, "Pick up.....please." the last word came out as a plead as she sinks down the floor, tears tempting to fall out of her eyes any second now.

Silence filled the empty apartment, only the silent sobs that Jimin tried her best to suppress can be heard. She has no time for this, she needs to know if Minjeong is safe, but how will she do that if the latter is not picking up her phone? This current situation is just frustrating her even more than she already was, she can't help but blame herself. And recollecting the cause of this mess, her eyes starts watering again. "God."