favorite crime

note: i personally think this oneshot is different from my previous works so please read at your own risk. idk if y'all would like plots like this but i really got inspired for this one and i wanted to share it. also, please keep in mind that this is nothing but a work of art and fictional.

note2: previously titled getaway car

trigger warnings: murder & violence

-

Another dead man. Minjeong sighs as her partner, Aeri, hands her the forensic results of the body that was shot dead last night in the suburb of Seoul. "Another politician." she mumbles, fumbling the pages of papers. The method of killing was simple yet polished. No traces left behind, not even a single dust.

"You know people hates them." Aeri blurts out, going back to her own desk, leaving the blonde pondering at her own table.

"Yeah but still, they're breaking the law. We need to catch this man."

"It's a woman." the brunette cuts off, leaving the blonde astonished at the new information.

"A woman...? How?" Minjeong questions. As far as the very few evidence they have collected, the suspect was always seen wearing a black hoodie wrapping their body along with a mask, making it hard for them to be identified.

"They think it's a woman based on the body." Aeri pauses, handing another piece of paper to the blonde before grabbing her suit. "By the way, please cooperate with the lawyer in charge of the case. We already contacted them so you can visit their office anytime today. I'll leave for now and go back to the scene, tell me how it goes okay?" Minjeong nods, scanning the paper the brunette handed.

"Attorney Yu Jimin." the blonde speaks at the legal receptionist on the front desk. "Officer Kim?" Minjeong responds with a nod. "You can proceed to her office, it's at the end of the hallway, left corner."

"Thank you." she smiles politely before walking towards the attorney's office.

Of course Minjeong heard of the name Yu Jimin before, it's a name you can hear everywhere. She's aware that this lawyer is one of the country's top and almost best out there. She saw a few trial of Jimin but she never talked to the attorney personally. She would often see the attorney at court when their cases overlaps. Some times she'd see her at the coffee shop across the street, taking her usual cup of coffee. Other than that, she could only admire the beauty from afar.

She's pretty. Something you'd never think you'd find in a law firm full of men. And if Minjeong had time to fool around instead of working on her pending cases, she would've asked the Attorney for a few talks outside of work.

But that's not what she came for today.

Taking a deep breath, she knocks on the door lightly.

"Get your shit together Minjeong." she internally reminds herself.

"Officer Kim?" she hears a familiar voice on the other side.

"Yes, Ms. Yu."

"Oh, the door's open. Come in."

Twisting the knob with her trembling hands that she don't know the reason why, she finally opens the door, revealing a raven-haired woman on her white polo tucked beneath her black slacks and sleeves folded until her forearm, seated across the room, stacks of papers scattered on her desk, feline eyes looking at her sternly.

"You must be the Officer in charge of the case?" Jimin speaks firmly, her deep voice sending a rush of blood down Minjeong's spine for some unknown reasons.

"Yeah." the blonde shrugs, taking the empty seat in front of the attorney's desk. Jimin chuckles but lets it go.

"I'm gonna be honest with you, this case is a tough one." the attorney starts, adjusting her glasses and sliding the papers she was holding a few minutes ago to the blonde. "You have no evidences at all except the crap quality from a cctv footage of the suspect in a hoodie." the raven-haired continues, pointing the tip of her pen to the picture attached.