through sunsets and sunrises, can i hold your hand?

insprired by mino's sunrise and iz*one's really like you.

-

Minjeong thought she was already over it. How the hands she used to hold during sunrises slowly slipped away as the sun sets, how the smile that used to greet her once the classes ends and they would go home together slowly faded away, how she used to be meet her at the bus station whenever the older girl would ask for her company in buying materials for school. She thought she was over the girl she used to walk home even when she lives on the other side of the town, and all the things that used to fill her heart with joy.

She thought she was over it until today, when one project from her prof entangles their lives once again, and every memory with Jimin that she tried to lock up in the deepest part of her heart breaks free.

"Team," the old man coughed, getting the attention of the dancers who were waiting in the studio before looking back at Minjeong by the door, telling her to come in."This is Kim Minjeong." Everybody's eyes switched to Minjeong. Minjeong looked around the room with a shy smile on her face, looking at them one by one until her eyes finally landed on a blue haired woman sitting at the back, Yoo Jimin. And after two years without seeing the older, she never thought she'd see Jimin look at her like this again. With a soft endearing gaze that almost made Minjeong swoon on spot. Almost. "She will be the final member to the team. I will leave her to your care." with his final remark, he finally left the dance studio.

"So...Minjeong right?" A girl, who Minjeong thought looks younger than her, spoke as she sat in the circle the dancers made. She nodded. "I'm Yizhou! Welcome to the team!" Minjeong thought it was cute how the girl beamed with excitement, making her giggle a little. Their little conversation was then quickly interrupted when Jimin spoke, grabbing everyone's attention. "This is the dance routine we came up with, we have two weeks until the competition. Practice is everyday after classes, is everyone free?" everyone nodded their heads in agreement as they watched the choreography on Jimin's laptop.

The meeting was finally over and as soon as Minjeong walked out of the studio, she heard someone calling her from behind. "Minjeong!"

It was Yizhou.

No, she was definitely not hoping it was Jimin who called her.

"Hey!" Yizhou jumped beside her. She really is a child. Minjeong thought. "What's up?" she replied as she continued walking to the cafeteria for lunch. "Let's grab lunch together!"

"I thought you'll go talk to Minjeong?" Aeri, Jimin's bestfriend, looked at her with furrowed brows. The older told her to go first earlier and just save her a seat at the cafeteria but here she is, not even minutes after she said that, sitting beside her best friend with shoulders slumped and pout on her lips. Aeri figured things didn't go well. "She was talking to Yizhou, I guess I'll talk to her some other time." Jimin reasoned.

It was 5pm, the sun is slowly starting to set, it reminded her how sunsets used to mean so much to her. How it used to be the best part of her days.

"Minjeong!" looking though a sea of people in the open field, Minjeong finally spots a blue haired woman sitting under a tree. A familiar smile instantly appeared on her face that Minjeong always thought was cute. "You waited?" Minjeong asked when she reached the her, watching the older girl jump from her seat. Minjeong thinks she waited for too long already, seeing how it's almost sunset and classes ended 30 mins ago. "Hmm, I heard from your classmate you'd come out late. And you know I'm not used to going home without you" Jimin replied, and Minjeong could already feel her cheeks burning. "I see...Let's go then?" she replied shyly and Jimin grinned, linking arms with her and leading the way out of the campus.