don't mess up my tempo

"your scent is inside my heart, striking like a wave, I want to be forever like this."

JIMIN.

I like her. I knew I'll like her the moment I walked to the barricade just to ask her name. She wasn't hard to like, but confessing to her seems like a nerve cracking thing to do. It makes me more nervous than racing, honestly.

It was 10 minutes before the race when we managed to finally set my car up. I immediately excused myself for a second out of the garage and made my way to the crowd. "What the fuck?" I'm not even near Minjeong's spot yet I could already see an asshole standing by the barricade where I usually wait for her, and this man even has the audacity to talk to her. Who does he think he is?

Feeling my blood boil up, I walked to them and to my surprise, Minjeong seems to enjoy his company.

But too bad, I don't.

"Hey." I interrupted, both of them turning their heads towards me. One beaming a smile and the other sighed in annoyance with the sudden intrude. You can guess who's who.

"Jimin! I thought you weren't coming." she spoke, completely ignoring the man she was just talking to.

"You were waiting for me? That's a first." I teased.

"Dumbass of course, what's the point of going here if I won't see you?" her sudden bluntness astounded me.

I was about to speak when I heard a cough from my side. Right, he's still here. "You know this guy?" I asked, finally acknowledging his presence. Well, it's not like I have a choice anyways.

"Nope, but he said he's one of your opponent for today." she explained, and he finally butts in.

"Yeah, I was just telling her how I'll beat you today." he boasts with an annoying smirk on his face and God, I wanted to punch him right on the spot.

"I never lose, so we'll see about that." I retorted, do I look like I will back off to any man? Never.

Before he could even say another word, his phone rings, must be his team looking for him. "The race is about to start, I'll see you later at the finish line." he smiled smugly before walking away and I can't help but roll my eyes.

"You look pissed." Minjeong spoke and I shifted my gaze towards her. She giggles, I could only quirk an eyebrow.

"What?" I refuse to admit that I am indeed pissed off.

"Are you jealous?" If it wasn't for the evident teasing in her tone, I would've said yes, but I'm not stupid enough to say that.

"Stop saying nonsense." I brushed off, thinking of another topic to divert the conversation. "Why was he here anyway?"

"Hmm I don't know, he just popped out of nowhere."

"You looked like you were enjoying his company." I implied and she gives me that knowing look again.

"You sure you're not jealous?"

Before I could even speak another word, one of my crew calls for me and I could only mentally thank them for coming right on time. "Whatever. I'll see you later." I bid off, already walking away when I heard her shout from behind.

"Good luck!"

-

Three.

Two.

One.

The flag falls down the ground, so did my foot on the gas pedal and the engine roars to life, speeding my way out in the outskirts of Seoul. "I'll show this loser who he's messing with." I muttered under my breath as I raised my speed higher, putting it to limit and overtaking his car in a second. I smirked in satisfaction.

Looking at the side mirror, I could see his car behind, so I turned the steering wheel to the left, blocking his attempt to overtake and catch up. This race is as good as over as soon as I saw the finish line nearing, and with the gap we have, I'm more than sure he won't be able to catch up.

Did he really think he could beat me? I chuckled to myself as I made a dramatic drift against the asphalt after crossing the finish line, five seconds seconds before him.

-

I thought beating him was enough reason for him to back off from the blonde, but here he is again.

The fuck is he doing now? I found myself annoyed as I approached them by the parking lot, stopping right in front of Minjeong like I always do. Rolling the window down, they finally looked my way. "Hey--oh, it's you again." I faked my surprise and greeted him with a smug smile. The embarrassed look on his face was priceless, definitely worth it for the hell he put me through this morning. He didn't even bother saying anything and just bid his goodbye to Minjeong.

"Let's go?" I invited as soon as he's out of my sight, and the blonde obliged in an instant, hopping in the passenger seat.

"Congrats, tho I'm not surprised you beat him." she whispers.

I turned my head to take a glance of her for a second but something about the sight of her side profile compelled me to stare a little longer.

I like her. I like Minjeong. I like this feeling on my chest whenever she's by my side and I want it to stay. I want her to stay.

As we drive by her neighbourhood, I can't help but think of finally confessing. Should I? Is it worth it? I question as I make a turn to her street, we're almost near her apartment, I won't see her for the rest of the day and I don't think I can handle any more of that. Knowing I'm not the only one who gets enchanted by her beauty might drive me insane.

Should I tell her?

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked as she got out of the car.

"Hmm, I'll see." she smiles, and I could only stare in awe. I know she's just messing with me but God, I can never imagine starting my day without seeing this smile before the break of dawn.

"That's what you always say." I remarked like a broken record. I guess that's it. Our morning getaway comes to another end and I'll be left thinking about her until the sun sets.

I never really thought I'd see myself wrapped around her fingers, I'm so used to winning races but here I am, losing and willing to bet everything for her. How can I stay away? When I finally found a home in her, when I finally felt the warmth of the sun on a cold morning. How can I stay away?

"Hello? Aren't you leaving yet?" I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice she's still standing by the driveway, probably waiting for me to leave like she always do.

I sighed to myself as I turned the engine on once again. Am I really going to leave just like this?

"Minjeong." I looked up to her.

"Hmm?"

"I like you." I confessed.

My palms started sweating on the steering wheel as silence engulfed us. Fuck. Is she not going to say anything? I'm panicking that I might step on the pedal and leave then never see her again. I think I just ruined everything. Fuck.

"U-uh, nevermind I'll go now." I stammered. I was about to pull the window up when she finally spoke.

"I like you too." her words sent my body through haywire.

"You're lying." I blurted out without a thought. Not believing what I just heard, I turned to look up to her and jesus christ, there goes her smile again.

"Y-you like me?" I wanted to reassure, cause I daydream a lot that I might just be hallucinating.

"Yes, now are you just going to sit there and do nothing? Where's the confidence you had earlier?" she rambles, and I want nothing but to shut her up. So I stepped out of the car in a hurry, not even minding the people passing by because the only thing clouding my mind right now is how I want to kiss her lips.