send my love (to aeri)

Fourth time. This is the fourth time this week that someone asked Minjeong to pass a letter of confession for her best friend, Aeri. It was fine the first time honestly, she even felt excited that someone's having a crush on her best friend, but this is the fourth time this week. And she's afraid it will keep on going until the following weeks considering that Valentine's Day is almost near.

-

After receiving more and more confessions for her best friend, Minjeong never thought the day where she'd envy Aeri for the letters and confessions she's receiving would come. Because she never really felt any of that, and just like mentioned before, she never thought it would come.

There's Jimin, the student council president, the love of her life, the person she cherishes from afar but don't even know she exists, standing before her.

For Minjeong, Jimin is the prettiest damsel she has ever laid her eyes on ever since she came in to the University. And no one, she means no one, is yet to make her heart flutter the way Jimin does. Minjeong think she's insane, how one standing in full glory, striding down the hallway every lunch time could make her catch feelings from a distance. Feelings that she didn't want to acknowledge because she knew deep inside she'd be damned in the future.

The first time she saw Jimin outside of school grounds, it was at her grandma's flower shop downtown. She had an instant breakdown behind the counter the moment Jimin walked in. She wasn't expecting Jimin to come by to buy flowers. Jimin and flowers? Who would've thought.

Minjeong thought it was just one time, but Jimin visited the shop every now and then, even after school, she would pass by the not-so-busy flower shop to buy flowers. And every smile that she casts as she makes her way to Minjeong by the counter lingers vividly in the blonde's mind, like a scar engraved on every vein of her heart. Because as much as these are memories she treasures, at the end lies a bittersweet fact that Jimin will never recognize and acknowledge her existence the way she wants.

And Jimin giving a letter for her best friend just puts the nail to her coffin.

Yes, a love letter.

For Aeri.

Cause that's what she's been doing for the past week. Passing letters for Aeri. So she's not surprised if the raven-haired would ask her to do so.

And she don't have the heart to hear what the older has to say. So without thinking twice, she grabbed the envelope Jimin just handed and walked away, not even bothering to hear the latter's protest.

-

The blonde slumps on her seat beside Aeri as soon as she stepped back inside the still empty classroom. "Another letter for you."

"Hmm? Why do you look upset?" Aeri asks in worry as she recognized the change of mood from the blonde. Her eyes trails on the envelope Minjeong put on her desk. "Did something happen? Does it have something to do with the letters? I'm sorry I'll tell them to stop bothering you-"

"It's fine." Minjeong cuts off quickly.

"Then is it about Jimin?"

"Yeah." the blonde responds nonchalantly.

"What did she do?" Aeri wasn't aware that it was a wrong question to ask, because in her own knowledge, Jimin never made Minjeong this upset. Every time Minjeong would tell her something about Jimin, it was always a positive remark like the in love woman she is.

"I don't know, what do you think?" The blonde suddenly retorts, the room falling even more silent for a minute before Minjeong groaned in annoyance and lets her head fall off on her desk. "Ah never mind, ignore that. I'm taking a nap."