Momiji - I'll Keep You Warm

He had a feeling things were bad for her at home, but he didn't actually think she'd run away...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"...(Name)?"

He had a feeling things were bad for her at home, but he didn't actually think she'd run away... Though in hindsight, he supposed he should have seen this coming; the talk of self harm, the disassociation, the black and blue marks that would peek from under her sleeves when she'd reached out for assignments or her lunch- he didn't know whether pushing her to talk to him was the right decision though, deciding it was best to encourage her through soft and light touches to her hands and an openly cheerful disposition. But...even with all that, she ended up here, in this abandoned shed they always passed on the way to her parent's house, a fresh blanket of snow covering the entirety of the gorund save for what was protected by the battered ceiling. He couldn't help but blame himself.

"Hello Momiji."

He winced at her greeting. Not looking up from the spot she was staring, she gave a small smile as he moved closer, one that didn't quite reach her eyes. He frowned further, a thousand questions popping into his head all at once.

"...Aren't you cold?"

He settled on asking that one instead of prying right away, the reasons why she'd left all but painted across her hands and face.

"A bit. Come join me?"

He wasn't the most cautious member of the zodiac, of his family in general, he knew that. The thought crosses his mind, only after hugging her close, clinging desperately, that perhaps he should have thought at least half of this surprise hug through.

"I've... I've never seen anyone turn into a rabbit before," her eyes were full of wonder, voice tinged with amusement as the smoke cleared away, not a trace of fear or disgust behind her gaze- only tears. "Can I... may I hold you for a while?"

Somewhere in the back of his mind he could almost hear the disapproving comments of Hatori, the disappointed looks from his father, but he didn't care. No, all that mattered right now was keeping this sweet girl warm- and he was determined to do just that.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You requested fluff, I turned it into angst fluff- my apologies 😔 bunnyboi just wants to be held and to hold someone in return.

ps, this sucks hbzzhaysgsj