Chapter 4: New Orleans Pt. 1

The Next Day

Once we arrived in New Orleans, Hope led me to the French Quarter. Hope told me that the Quarter was where most of the Supernatural activity in the city occurred.

As we were walking, she said, "I haven't been here in years, but the Abattoir should be this way."

"Abattoir?" I asked.

Hope explained, "It's the name of the Mikaelson mansion in New Orleans."

I joked, "You name your buildings?" 

Hope didn't respond. She just sent me a glare.

I followed her until we arrived at the "Abattoir."

Before we went inside, Hope commented, "This place hasn't changed a bit."

Hope took me to her old bedroom and said, "This is where we'll be sleeping. The master bedroom is for Aunt Freya and her wife, but they're still in New York. They won't be back until next week."

I nodded. I then said, "We should start looking into the killings Alaric was talking about. You grew up here, so, where should we start?"

Hope glanced at the floor before she looked back at me. She said, "I'm feeling a little tired actually. I know it's only lunch-time, but I really feel like taking a nap."

The vapor traveling probably took a lot out of her so I just said, "That's fine. Just tell me what to do."

Hope nodded, "Alright. Go to the bar, Rousseau's, on Bourbon Street. Find a witch and tell them who you are and that you're my fiance. Then, tell them to take you to the Regent, the leader of the witches. Talk to them, and convince them, to not attack the other supernaturals. After that, tell them that you want to help with the search for the killer."

"Alright."

With that, I left the Abattoir to find Rousseau's.

I walked into the bar, expecting it to be empty. I mean, who goes to a bar at 11:45? However, there was one person.

He was sitting at the bar, drinking a glass of... some alcoholic drink. He was wearing a leather jacket, which was a little weird since it was late June. But, I ignored it since I sensed his aura the moment I walked into the bar.

He was definitely a witch all right.

I sat down in the seat next to him and noticed that the bartender was in the back.

The witch looked at me and asked, "Aren't you a little too young to drink?"

I nodded. I said, "My name's Percy Jackson. I need you to take me to your Regent."

The witch nearly choked on his drink before whisper-screaming at me, "Keep your voice down!"

I put my hands up in surrender. "Sorry."

I then repeated myself, whispering, "I need to talk to your Regent."

The witch eyed me. He asked, "Why?"

I replied, "Alaric Saltzman told me and my fiance to come help with the search for the serial killer. And to make sure New Orleans doesn't turn into a warzone."

"How do you know Alaric?"

I explained, "I went to the Salvatore School for my senior year. That was last year. My fiance had been going there since she was a little kid."

The witch then asked, "Who's your fiance."

"Hope Mikaelson."

His eyes widened. "Hope Mikaelson's your fiance?!"