Chapter 7: The Riot

I felt tears of joy run down my face as I clarified, "You're pregnant? We're pregnant?!"

Hope nodded, tears also running.

I got up and kissed her.

"We're pregnant!" I exclaimed.

We kissed a few more times until I asked, "How long?"

"No more than a month." She replied. "Around the time we got engaged."

She added, "Maybe tonight we could celebrate together? Just you and me. And then starting tomorrow, we tell people the news."

I smiled, "That'd be great."

I tried to kiss her again, but she pulled away. Hope said, "Hold on, you need to take a shower. You smell terrible."

"What do you mean?" I asked, still smiling.

"Fishy. Like really fishy."

I shrugged, "Alright."

I kissed her one more time before I went to take my shower.

Time skip to that evening.

"Hope, you ready?" I asked as we were getting ready to leave the Abattoir to go celebrate.

"Yeah."

Hope came out of our bedroom looking absolutely stunning.

She was wearing a dark denim jacket over a maroon shirt and black skinny jeans.

She looked at me and asked, "How do I look?"

I smirked, "Well, you definitely don't look pregnant."

Hope rolled her eyes before letting out a small laugh. She tried to hold it in but failed miserably.

I then said, "You look amazing."

Hope and I then left the Abattoir and started walking through the French Quarter.

After walking around for a little bit, we both started to get hungry.

I asked her, "What are you in the mood for?"

Hope just shrugged, "I don't really know. But, one of my favorite restaurants growing up is only a couple blocks from here."

"Alright," I said, "Lead the way."

As we were walking, we heard a shouting match coming from nearby. We turned the corner and saw a gathering of people. On one side was Vincent, accompanied by fifteen or so people, who I assumed were witches. On the other was Antoinette, who stood in front of another group of ten to fifteen people. I figured that they were probably vampires.

While we pushed through the crowd of tourists and civilians, Vincent and Antoinette continued to yell at each other. They both disregarded the fact that they had drawn a crowd. Or the fact that they all had their phone's out recording the whole thing.

Vincent yelled, "Don't give me that bullshit! You know damn-well what happened."

I looked at Hope and said, "Get the tourists out of here. And while you're at it, use a spell to erase their memories and any footage of this that they have. Let me handle this."

Hope nodded as she started to cast a spell.

I quickly walked over to Vincent and Antoinette and stuck my hands out, keeping them separated from each other.

"Woah Woah Woah," I said. "What are you two yelling about?"

Continuing to glare at Antoinette, Vincent said, "A witch was just murdered by a vampire because that same vampire thought that she was the serial killer we're looking for."

Antoinette then cut in, "He's lying."

Vincent looked me in the eyes and added, "She was just sixteen."

My eyes widened.

I looked back at Antoinette and asked, "Is this true? Was she only sixteen?"

Before she could respond, a vampire standing behind her said, "So what? She was a witch. That's all that mattered."

Vincent tried to lunge at the vampire, but I used my godly strength to keep him back.

"This is what the killer wants," I stated. "Every second we fight each other is another second that the real killer is planning to kill another supernatural. We're all on the same side here."

Vincent huffed and looked at Antoinette, "We want the vampire who killed Anna at Lafayette Cemetery by noon tomorrow."

With that, he began to walk away.

CRACK

I turned my head to see a vampire holding a witch in a chokehold. My eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets when I realized that he had just snapped the witch's neck.

That's when all Tartarus broke loose!

"Dammit," I muttered as I pulled out my wand and performed a spell so people wouldn't notice what was happening, or come near the fight. Kind of like how no one would come to Manhattan during the Second Titan War.

Then, I uncapped Riptide. I looked at it for a second before capping it and putting it back in my pocket. Riptide would kill these Supernaturals and I'm not a killer. Monsters don't count cause they don't actually die.

I raised my fists and began to fight.

One vampire came right at me and threw a punch to my face.

I ducked to the side and countered with a punch to the ribs. Because I used my godly strength, the vampire actually felt the punch. He staggered back and I punched him again in the face, knocking him out cold.

The witches were not as physically strong as the vampires so a normal punch to the face did the job.

Hope stood a couple of yards away from the fight but used her magic to incapacitate the vampires.

After a good ten or so minutes of knocking Supernaturals out, only Vincent, Antoinette, and two other witches remained.

I used my blessing from Hermes to speed over to the two witches and knock them out.

Suddenly, I heard a feminine scream.

I turned to see Vincent standing over Antoinette, who was on the ground, clutching her head in pain.

I pulled out my wand and yelled, "Stupefy!"

Vincent immediately fell to the ground, unconscious.

While Antoinette was recovering from Vincent's magic, I shot the same spell at her.

I flashed the vampires and witches to their respective headquarters and made sure that they would stay unconscious until tomorrow morning.

Only the unconscious bodies of Vincent and Antoinette remained with me and Hope.

Hope then came over me and asked, "What do we do with them?"

I walked over to their bodies and said, "I'm gonna make them call a truce. Once they do that, this fighting will stop."

Hope raised an eyebrow, "How are you gonna make them do that?"

I explained, "I'm going to put them in a room with the most dysfunctional family on Earth. Once they realize that beings significantly more powerful than them care about finding this killer, they'll find a way to work together."

Hope laughed, "That's one way to fix a problem."

I chuckled, "If anything, they'll be too afraid not to."

"True."

As I grabbed Hope's hand, I dropped the spell keeping people from coming into this area.

I asked Hope, "You ready?"

She nodded.

Then, I vapor traveled us all to the Olympian Throne Room.