Chapter 20: Graduation Pt. 2

I uncapped Riptide as the monsters started to fight the Supernaturals. I couldn't fight in a tux, so I pulled the bead my dad gave me off of my necklace. Once I was in my armor, I jumped off of the stage and sliced through a few dracaena.

I made my way into the crowd, helping the Supernaturals hold off the monsters.

Eventually, I made my way to Kol Mikaelson. He was struggling to do any damage to the monsters. Which wasn't surprising since only a handful of people here could do anything against them. And only two of us had experience, being me and Nico. But he was on the other side of the field, getting the younger kids to safety inside the school.

"Bloody hell! Why can't I kill them?" Kol asked, clearly frustrated.

I stabbed the monster he was fighting in the back and answered, "These are Greek monsters. Only godly metals can kill them."

Kol shrugged it off, "Yeah right. I just need a sword or something."

His guard was down, and a monster was about to attack him for behind. I summoned a lightning bolt, and it struck the monster, killing it instantly.

He was startled by it and jumped, "How'd you do that?"

"Just told you," I replied.

I wanted to continue the conversation, but I was basically fighting an army of monsters by myself.

I found the nearest monster, and killed it with a fireball.

A dracaena lunged at me, but I side stepped and cut it in half.

I fought some more monsters, and eventually there was only a few left.

I wiped some sweat off of my face as I stabbed a monster in the chest.

"Percy," Nico yelled, coming out of the school. "All the kids are safe inside."

I nodded, "Good. Now help me kill all these monsters. I can't kill them all by myself."

Nico shook his head, "We both know that's not true. But yeah, I'll help."

Nico drew his sword and started killing off monsters.

Within a matter of minutes, only a few monsters were left.

As I pulled Riptide out of a monster, there was a flash of light in the corner of my eye.

I looked over and saw someone I never thought I'd see again.

"You thought you could get rid of me? I'm the greatest hero to ever live!" Hercules boasted.

I raised Riptide and retorted, "If you're such a great hero, why didn't the gods make you an Olympian? Oh wait, they don't need a stupider version of Ares."

I know, I just complemented Ares. What has the world come to?

But what I said did have some truth behind it. They're both all brawn, no brains.

Hercules turned red with anger and charged right at me.

I dodged out of the way and slashed him in the back. Nothing happened. It just bounced off of his.

I mentally scolded myself. Hercules was physically stronger than most of the Olympians when he was just another demigod. His skin is naturally like titanium.

"Did you really think such a puny sword could hurt me?" Hercules laughed.

I said, "This 'puny sword' used to be yours."

Hercules threw a punch at my face, and I tried to block it with Riptide. Key word: tried.

Riptide flew out of my hands and landed in the grass, forty feet away from me. If it weren't for Hephaestus' upgrades, Riptide would be shattered.