Chapter 14: The Search Pt. 2

"Hey, Hope," Nico said as he sat down next to me, while I was eating an early dinner.

It's been two days and we still don't know where Percy is.

Nico continued, "We're still searching the West Coast for Percy, and there is a manhunt for Hercules. Poseidon is furious. He's ready to send a hurricane to the West Coast. We have a friend in England, she's doing her best to lead the search in Europe."

I nodded.

He put a hand on my shoulder and said, "Don't worry. We have three times the amount of resources we had the first time. We'll find him."

"First time?" I pointed out.

Nico put his hand down and explained, "Yeah. After the Second Titan War, Percy went missing. Nine months later, I found him at Camp Jupiter without his memory. That was Hera's doing. She thought that replacing each camp's leader with the other would get us to get along. She was, at least, partially right."

I said, "I'm gonna go check on Mrs. Jackson, and see how she's holding up. Being kidnapped and all."

Nico replied, "That's a good idea. This isn't her first time around that block, nevertheless, this time Estelle was with her."

I got up and went to my room. I grabbed one of the drachmas I got from Percy's room, and did the chant.

The image showed Sally by herself with Estelle.

She said, "Hope, is Percy alright?"

I looked down at the floor and said, "We don't know. He's missing. Demigods and gods are working together to find him and Hercules."

Sally put a hand to her mouth and cried out, "Oh Percy!"

I comforted her by saying, "He'll be fine. He survived hell itself. I'm sure he can handle that self-absorbed jackass."

Sally wiped her face and nodded.

I said, "Knowing him, he's probably talked Hercules to death by now."

Sally cracked a smile, "Percy always did have a way to get on people's nerves."

I eventually cut the call and sat on the bed, trying to clear my head.

I've been trying to to a locator-spell on him, but something's blocking it.

Since we've been searching for him, it's been hard to get through a class. Especially History.

Suddenly, Piper burst open my door and said, "We think we've found him. Come on."

I got up and followed Piper down to Dr. Saltzman's office.

Jason and Nico were talking to Dr. Saltzman when we came in.

They looked at me and Dr. Saltzman said, "My friend said that Mount Tamalpais has seen a lot of activity lately."

I shrugged, "And why do you think Percy's there?"

Jason explained, "Mount Tamalpais is the modern day location of Mouth Othrys. It was the home of the Titans."

Realization hit me, "One of Percy's domains is Time. The same domain as Kronos, the king of the Titans."

Jason nodded.

Piper said, "Hope, put your hand on my shoulder, and I'll flash us there with Nico and Jason."

I did just that, and in an instant, we were on a mountain, looking over the San Francisco Bay.

I said to Piper, "That's a lot less disorienting then vapor travel."

Piper rolled her eyes, "Tell me about it. If only Percy would learn how to use his godly abilities. If he did, he wouldn't even be in this mess."

Nico and Jason led us into the fortress.

However, something felt off. The fortress was completely empty. Like no one had been here in years.

Suddenly, there was a shriek behind us.

A snake-like woman lunged at me, but Piper quickly pulled out her dagger, and cut it in two. As it turned into gold dust, seven more surrounded us.

Jason and Nico pulled out their swords and easily took care of them.

Nico pointed to a room in front of us. He said, "They came from over there."

We walked into the room, and inside was Percy. He was bound from the ceiling and had a gag in his mouth. He was covered in his own ichor, and his eyes were closed.

"Please don't be dead," I thought.

I called out, "Percy!"

His eyes immediately shot open. He looked around startled, but relaxed when he saw me.

Jason took the gag out of his mouth, while Nico unbound him.

Percy fell to the ground, but Nico and Jason caught him.

Nico said, "Let's get him out of here."