Chapter 1: I Get Fired for Doing My Job

Percy POV:

Three months ago, I faded Kronos. Three months ago, I became a god. Two months ago, I became an older brother. Her name is Estelle Blofis.

This summer has been a quiet one. But I'm not complaining. I even got a job, working at the gift shop at the New York Aquarium in Brooklyn(AN: I don't live in New York, so please excuse any errors on locations at the Aquarium).

My mom was ecstatic when I told her that I was a god. Paul was confused, wondering why I turned down being an Olympian. Truthfully, I wasn't ready for all the responsibilities that it came with.

Today, I woke up at around 6:30. I took a quick shower and put on my work uniform. By 7:15, I was in the kitchen. Using my blessing from Hestia, I summoned some blueberry pancakes for myself.

My mom walked into the kitchen a few minutes after me. She scolded, "What did I tell you about using your godly abilities in the apartment?"

"It's not one of my godly abilities. It's my blessing from Hestia." I retorted.

My mom sighed, "Just because you are eighteen doesn't mean you don't have to go to school. You're going to finish your senior year."

I nodded.

After I finished my breakfast, I looked at the time on my watch, 7:55.

I said goodbye to my mom before vapor traveling to the back alley, next to the aquarium.

Why didn't I flash there? I don't know how to. Whenever I try, I end up somewhere else.

I exited the alley and entered the aquarium through the Employee Entrance.

As I passed the fish tanks, I was greeted by all the fish.

Good morning, my Lord.

Please visit us sometime.

Have a good day, Lord.

I made my way to the gift shop, which happens to be above the shark tank. There's even a bridge with glass barriers on the top of the tank, so people can look at the whole tank.

Once I had clocked-in, I went to the register.

A few minutes later, I had my first customers of the day. It was a couple with a young boy.

I greeted, "Hi, how can I help you?"

"My son would like the toy shark," the man said, gesturing to the young boy.

I nodded, grabbing it from behind the counter. I stated, "That'll be $10."

The man took a deep breath before turning to his son he said, "Sorry, buddy. But that's too much."

I looked at the family for a second time. They looked like they were struggling financially. I would know. That's how my mom and I were with Gabe. Looking back, that felt like a lifetime ago.

"Wait!"

I handed the shark to the boy, "It's on me."

The boy happily took the toy. The man eyes widened, "Why?"

I explained, "When I was younger, my mom and I didn't have a lot of money either."

The couple nodded. The woman said, "Thank you."

I smiled at them as they walked away.

I helped a few more customers when a familiar face came in.

Her name was Hope Mikaelson. She had been coming in a lot this summer, while visiting her aunt, because she liked the views. Hope was a good artist and she loved to paint. About twice a week, she would come to draw. But last week, she didn't come at all.