Chapter 16: Goodbye

"What happened while you were kidnapped?" Zeus asked.

Right now, I'm currently in the Council Room, telling the gods about what happened while I was kidnapped.

I said, "Hercules kidnapped me because he was jealous. He thought that it was unfair to offer me a seat on the Council as soon I found out that I was a god. And he isn't the only one. The missing gods are also jealous. They're planning a rebellion."

As soon as I said that, some of the Olympians began to whisper among themselves.

Zeus ordered, "SILENCE! Hercules will be found and dealt with. Artemis, you are in charge of capturing him and any other member of this Rebellion you come across."

My father cut in, "Percy, don't worry about the Rebellion. This is a problem for us Olympians to handle."

I nodded.

Zeus said, "Perseus, you may go. We have much to discuss."

I nodded again, as I flashed out.

I appeared in my room at the Salvatore School.

To be honest, I felt bad lying to Alaric about what I am. He enrolled me here without hesitating, and he generally cares about every student. In every school I've been too, all the teachers hated me. Yeah, you say it wasn't like that at Hogwarts, but the hatred the students had for me sure made up for it.

I went down to his office, to apologize. It's around 5:00 P.M., so I hope he's still working.

I knocked on the door, and after a few seconds, he said, "Come in."

I opened the door and Alaric said, "Percy, how was your meeting on Olympus?"

I replied, "Good. I was wondering if I could talk to you."

He nodded.

I sat down and said, "I'm sorry for not telling about what I really am. You shouldn't have found out that way."

Alaric said, "Don't worry. To be honest, you didn't really lie to me. You just didn't tell me everything. Which is fine."

I continued, "If you feel that I'm a danger to the school and the students, I'll understand if you want me to leave. I won't blame you."

He shook his head, "This is a school for the Supernatural. Everyone here is dangerous in some sort of way. That's the reason Caroline and I founded the school."

I raised an eyebrow, "Caroline?"

He explained, "She technically owns the property. But, we talked, and we agreed that demigods are just like Supernaturals. Yeah, they might be a lot more powerful, but they still struggle with living in the human world."

He paused, "So starting next school year, the Salvatore School will be open to any demigod from either camp who wants to attend."

I smiled, "You don't know how much this will mean them."

As soon as I said that, Josie walked in. She said, "Dad, Lizzie's throwing one of her tantrums again."

Alaric said, "If you'll excuse me."

Once they were gone, I flashed to my mom's place. I haven't been able to see them since they were taken.

I opened the door and my mom immediately embraced me in a hug.

After she pulled away, she asked, "What happened? Are you okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah, Mr. D's blessing made me immune to any type of torture they tried on me. But I was on bed rest for a few days. I got off of it yesterday. How are you holding up?"

She said, "Paul was scared, since he could see what was really going on. And I was terrified for Estelle. I discovered she was clear-sighted."

My mom continued to talk about what had happened. I could see the how much it hurt her to talk about it. Estelle being clear-sighted doesn't help either. I knew what I needed to do.

I cut in and said, "Mom, I'm sorry for putting you through that."

My mom put her hand on my shoulder and said, "Don't worry, it wasn't your fault."

Tears started to form as I said, "It doesn't matter. You were put through that because I have enemies. There are hundreds of monsters, alone, who would want nothing more than to see me dead."

She said, "You have enemies because you do what is right. There will always be people who stand against that."

I replied, "But it's not just you and Paul anymore. You have Estelle now. That's why I think it's best for you to cut off all ties with me, and the Mythological world. I'm sorry, but this is goodbye."

Tears were streaming down our cheeks as I walked out of the apartment.

I opened the door, and took one last look at my mom and Estelle before I shut the door, and flashed away.