Chapter 19: Graduation Pt. 1

Three Months Later

For the first time in years, my life is quiet. After Hercules was sentenced to Tartarus and some of his most powerful allies were killed, the Rebellion fell apart. Life's finally going good for me.

Hope and I are about to go on our first date(Zeus thought it would be funny to have me clean up the mess the Rebellion caused), and we're going to go to New Rome University together. I forgot to mention: tomorrow's Graduation!

Knock Knock

I was standing outside of Hope's door, ready to go on our date. She immediately opened it and stepped out. She was wearing her usual clothes, but for some reason she looked even more beautiful. I was wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and a jacket.

I vapor traveled us to the Mystic Grill, a restaurant in Mystic Falls. Hope ordered a burger and a milkshake. It was a Peanut-Butter-Blast, with whipped cream on the bottom. I got a burger too, with a chocolate milkshake.

After we were done eating, Hope and I walked around Mystic Falls.

She said, "My relatives are gonna come for Graduation tomorrow."

I asked, "Anyone I should try not to piss off?"

Hope laughed, "Yeah, all of them. Especially my Uncle Kol. He's a little overprotective. They all are, but mainly him. Except for my Aunts Freya and Rebekah, they'll try to kill you on the spot."

"Noted."

By now, it was dark. Hope and I were about to go back to the Salvatore School when we noticed that we were the only ones outside. Which was weird considering that the street was pretty busy five minutes ago.

Hope said, "I could've sworn there were people here."

Suddenly, a group of people emerged from an alleyway and walked right towards us. Once they were twenty feet away from us they stopped. Their faces were covered by the shadows.

Matt Sloan stepped out of the shadows and said, "We asked you nicely last time, Hope. All we wanted was the secret to staying out in the sun. Now, we won't be so nice."

I protectively stepped in front of Hope and warned, "Forget about her, Sloan. Do you not remember what happened last summer?"

He growled at the reminder, "Last time, we were expecting her to be alone. And she was, but then you came. We weren't expecting a fight."

I uncapped Riptide and retorted, "Neither was I."

One of Matt's vampires charged at me. He was fast, but I was faster.

I side stepped and slashed him in the chest. He fell to the ground and turned into gold dust.

Matt was shocked. He gaped, "What the hell?! 'The fuck is that sword made out of?"

Another vampire attacked me, but before she could hit me, she flew into a tree. On impact, she was knocked out.

 I looked back and saw Hope with her hands up. "Thanks."

She shrugged, "No problem."

A few more came at us, but we easily took care of them.

Eventually, it was just us and Matt. He was horrified at the piles of dust on the street. He asked me, "Who are you?"

I replied, "The god of Time."

Matt tried to punch me, but I dodged out of the way.

In one swift motion, I stabbed him in the chest.

As he turned to gold dust I joked, "You know, I was starting to think this date was a little too quiet."

Hope held in a laugh and said, "It's getting late, and we have a big day tomorrow."