Chapter 6: This Changes Everything

One Month Later

Hope POV:

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Percy and I both groaned as the alarm clock woke us up. I quickly said a spell, which turned the alarm off instantly, without either of us even getting out of bed.

Percy and I then got out of bed and got dressed.

The past month had been great. We kind of started to plan the wedding-- who knew it could be so time-consuming. Of course, it didn't help that we were trying to prevent a war at the same time. Luckily, the witches and vampires have both kept to themselves for the time being. Also, we haven't found any new bodies. However, I'm beginning to feel more nauseous and tired a lot more often.

Once we were done getting ready, Percy and I made our way down to the kitchen, where Percy made some breakfast.

As he was plating the food, I began to feel like I was gonna throw up. Percy noticed this and asked, "Your stomach's bothering you again?"

I nodded.

Before he could say anything else, there was a knock on the door. Percy said, "I got it."

He turned off the stove and opened the door.

"Dad? What are you doing here?"

Percy let Poseidon in and he greeted, "Hope, it's good to see you."

I replied, "You too."

Poseidon then said to Percy, "We have the Atlantis council meeting today to discuss the new laws. It starts in an hour."

Percy groaned, "I thought that was next week."

Poseidon chuckled at his son's response. "Meet me at my palace in 15 minutes."

He then flashed away, most likely to Atlantis.

Percy looked at me apologetically and said, "Sorry."

I shook my head, "It's fine. You're still a god. You have your duties, I have mine."

Percy pointed a finger at me and said, "HA! You said doody."

I rolled my eyes. "You're so immature."

Percy stuck his tongue out at me before grabbing some of his food and flashing away.

I eyed the remaining food, but my stomach still wasn't feeling well. This constant feeling of nausea has really been a pain in my ass. Actually in my stomach, but you get the point.

I grabbed a drachma out of Percy's bag and Iris Messaged Apollo.

The image formed, showing him driving his chariot.

He immediately noticed me and asked, "Hope, how's my favorite cousin's fiancé doing?"

"Could be better," I replied. "That's actually why I called. For the past month, I've been feeling nauseous and tired pretty frequently. Could you come over to see what's up?"

Apollo nodded, "I'll be right there."

I cut the connection and in a matter of minutes, Apollo flashed in.

I said, "Thanks for coming."

"No problemo. Let's get straight to business." He asked, "Now, do you have any allergies? Has this happened before?"

I shook my head, "No. Never."

"Okay."

Apollo summoned a stethoscope and had me take some deep breaths.

He commented, "Your breathing seems fine. Would you mind lying down for me?"

I nodded. I led him to Percy and I's bedroom where I lied down.

Apollo then asked, "Did you eat anything weird?"

"No," I replied.

"Were you cursed or anything?"

I repeated, "No."

I added, "I think I would know if I was cursed."

He said, "Alright, let me check your stomach. It'll probably explain why you're so nauseous."

He put the stethoscope on my stomach and after a few seconds, started smirking like crazy.

"What is it?" I asked.

Apollo's smirk didn't go away. He looked up at me and said, "I have some good news for you."

Time Skip

Percy POV:

That meeting was so boring. Like seriously, it was a meeting about tax laws of all things.

Since it was now over, I decided to go say "hi" to Tyson. He likes to spend some of his free time down here working on stuff. There's a good chance that he's here right now. I haven't seen him since before I became a god.

I swam through the palace grounds until I reached the Underwater Forges. The entire structure was huge, at least ten times the size of the forges at Camp. I saw a cyclops working nearby. It wasn't Tyson, but maybe he knew if he was here.

I made my way over to him and asked, "Excuse me, do you know if Tyson's here?"

The cyclops looked up at me and immediately bowed, "Hello, my lord. Yes, Tyson is here. Would you like me to go get him for you?"

I shook my head and motioned for him to stop bowing, "Please, it's Percy. And it's fine, you don't need to get him for me. Could you just tell me where he is?"

The cyclops nodded, "Yes, my lord--Percy. He's in the southern wing."

Once he gave me the directions, I thanked him before swimming over.

I saw Tyson working on a battle club, his signature weapon. Or stick as he likes to call them.

I called out, "Tyson! It's good to see you!"

He immediately looked up at me and swam over to me as fast as he could before he hugged me. Even underwater, his hugs could still squeeze the air out of me.

"Tyson," I said, trying to get him to stop. "It's good to see you too, but I can't breathe."

Tyson stopped and apologized, "Sorry, brother. I'm just excited to see you."

I replied, "Me too."

Tyson then said, "I heard you're a god now."

I nodded, "No matter how many times I hear it, it still sounds weird. How's everything with you? I heard that you and Ella are dating?"

Tyson blushed, "Yeah."

I smiled, genuinely happy for him, "That's great. You know, I'm getting married."

Tyson's eyes gouged out of their sockets. "Really?!"

I then said, "You know, I haven't actually asked anyone else this, but would you like to be a groomsman?"

Tyson looked like he was about to explode with joy. He hugged me again and exclaimed, "Yes!"

We talked for a few more minutes before he had to get back to work. We said our goodbyes and then I flashed back to the Abattoir.

I opened the front door and called out, "Hope, I'm back!"

I heard her reply, "Up here."

I made my way up to our bedroom and found her sitting on the bed.

I sat down next to her and asked, "How are you feeling? I know you weren't feeling that great when I left."

Hope didn't answer my question and instead grabbed my hand. She said, "After you left, I called Apollo over. He found out why I've been feeling the way I have."

"And?" I asked. "What did he say?"

Hope stood up and faced me. She took a deep breath before smiling, "I'm pregnant."