Bathrooms and Insecurities

Take the risk and open it? Or hold it in until she couldn't anymore?

Mickey stared at the doorknob, still contemplating her two choices. Both would very possibly end in trauma. She was pretty sure one of the white doors on the wall of this unending corridor led to the bathroom, but also knew that there were couples going at it behind at least three of these doors. She felt stuck in a game of Russian Roulette that could scar her and her vision forever.

Ok, open it.

Her hand closed around the knob, gulping loudly.

Come on, you can do it.

But what if she just walked in on two of her classmates in the middle of something? How did you react to that? You don't just go :"Do you happen to know where the toilets are? -Sure, end of the corridor turn right. -Well thank you naked man with the big d-" No, no chance she would be able to handle this well.

She stuck her ear to the door, trying to catch a sound, but as expected from a house this expensive-looking, the isolation was great and she couldn't hear anything. About to give up, she stumbled forward when the door opened suddenly, leaving her in a really embarrassing situation. Mickey looked up to find a group of people sitting on the ground, playing a game of spin the bottle.

"My bad," she mumbled, shifting her eyes to the person who just opened the door, meaning to explain but her voice got caught in her throat.

No way Jose.

This must be a fucking joke.

"Mickey what the hell?" Callum asked, his face both surprised and trying to contain a fit of laughter.

She expected a camera crew to come out at any time, telling her she was stuck in her very own version of the Truman Show, because this was way too far-fetched to be a coincidence. 

"Do you happen to know where the toilets are?" She asked as rehearsed earlier, not finding the strength to explain to him she wasn't stalking him. He pointed to a door adjacent to the room and she thanked him silently.

Thankfully, in the bathroom she managed to calm down a bit and regain her composure. She washed her hands while planning her swift escape, and maybe if she felt like it she'd explain everything to Callum the next morning. Maybe.

She looked up, meeting her own eyes in the mirror. Her hands picked up a bit of water and brought it to her face.

Did she look good?

It was hard to tell.

As usual her insecurities came biting back at the most unexpected time. Maybe it was Callum behind the door that made her so self-aware. Maybe it was Francesca and Nancy's effortless beauty, Miranda's magnificent makeup, Zane's piercing eyes. A mix of it all probably.

She shook her head. No, she was fine. Her charm was different from the three other girls, she was aware of it. She was well aware that her hair wasn't straight, that her features weren't adult enough unlike the three other girls, that with her big almond eyes and the baby fat she never lost in her cheek she would be called cute at most, never beautiful. 

And she loved it all at times. At others, it made her feel insecure, it made her doubt herself. It made her think there might be a very gullible reason why no boy ever took interest in her.

Even if she tried to convince herself it didn't matter what others thought about her, at the end of the day it did bother her. And she couldn't do anything about it. Alone, she loved how she looked, in her room that summer she felt great about her looks. But she couldn't help feeling inferior in front of others.

She wasn't feeling so good right now. Her hands fiddled in her pocket, searching for her phone. She unlocked it and was directly met with a number of texts from the group.

Francesca - Are you alright??

Nathan - You met Phineas didn't you? That bastard.

She snickered at this one, Phineas was an obnoxious boy who roamed the parties without ever being invited. He had no filter, meaning he had no idea what was appropriate to say and what wasn't. He did the same thing at school though alcohol made it 10 times worse ; when he caught you in his trap, there was no getting out of it for at least 15 agonizing minutes. Seeing him appear in front of you felt like trying to avoid battles in Pokemon.

Simon - Ar u los?, and then right under the text in another bubble : tel usi f uwanus togej u.

"Alcohool played a number on this one," she thought. She couldn't help the air coming out her nose in an effort to keep her from laughing. She kept scrolling.

Francesca - Send "3" if you're stuck with Fine ass.

Francesca - *Phineass

Okay, Francesca wasn't even drunk, how was it even possible? Mickey looked up from her phone, meeting her reflection in the mirror once again. But this time, her lips were stretched in this huge smile, and she couldn't help thinking that she did look pretty good when she smiled like that. 

Feeling a bit more comfortable with herself, Mickey wrote out a quick answer to all of them -ruling out the Phineas possibility to reassure them- and exited the bathroom. It felt a lot easier dealing with the whole Callum situation with her mind at ease.

Mickey found Dimple Boy sitting with his friends, his face dangerously close to another person's while they all cheered loudly. Mickey gulped, feeling a bit nervous and a little something tucking at her heart. But then they looked back at her as the bathroom door closed and both Kevin's employees' eyes met. Callum shifted in embarrassement, and Mickey took a look at who he'd been kissing.

Wow. She never thought she'd live to see the day Yvan Yakovich, Sara's ex boyfriend, El Famoso boyfriend Y slash captain of the judo team slash internet poet make out with Callum, her very hot coworker in a heated game of spin the bottle. Silently, she took out her phone and flashed a photo of Callum's embarrassed expression, because it was just too funny not to. Then she took one of his shocked face, and she couldn't help laughing this time around. 

"Don't worry it's just to remind you of this glorious moment the next time I embarrass myself in front of you."

He shook his head, but his face broke into a grin. "You're so deleting that."

Mickey pretended she didn't hear him and waved the whole group goodbye. "I'm not kidding, we'll settle that tomo-"

But before he finished his sentence, she was already out the room and down the corridor. 

Oh-Oh-Oh, Merry Christmas to all, I don't celebrate it but I just love this time of the year!

We'll spend a few more chapters on this party cause I have things to say about it (maybe two or three more), in next chapter we're going to tackle a more important issue so stay tuned~