•chapter 1•

A/N: Italics indicate her present thoughts

º º º º º º º º º º

"What!?" I yelled out in absolute disbelief at what had just past my ears.

"It's for your safety Clara! I can't take care of you while I'm out fighting whoever wants to bring down our family! This school is the only place that could possibly keep us safe!" Dad yelled back, completely losing his temper causing me to blow up in anger even more. I had definitely inherited my dad's sharp mouth and temper.

"WOW! So giving up on me and sending me off to some wackjob school that has to use WANDS for magic is the option for you right now isn't it?" I threw my hands up, infuriated.

"Yes, Clara! It is the best option! Now, I don't want to hear any more arguing from you! My decision is made, go pack your bags, you're leaving tomorrow!"

I couldn't believe what had just happened. Without saying another word, I huffed and stomped up to my room and slammed the door behind me with all the strength I could muster.

I mean how could he just send me off like a fucking package? I can't go to this school? I mean, the kids in it were most definitely stupid idiots? I could destroy the whole school with the flick my wrists! How the hell would I be safe in a weak school like that!?

My thoughts were cut off when I heard a knock on my door.

"What do you want!" I shouted, annoyed at everything at this point.

"Hey, Clara." My eyes set on my aunt, Rebekah who walked towards her, sympathetically with outstretched arms. She wrapped me into a tight hug, and I melted into her arms. Rebekah could always make me feel better. She had that warm presence that my father could never achieve.

"I just don't know why he wants to push me away." I said, digging my face into her arms, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"He doesn't want to push you away, Clara. He loves you. He loves you so much to the point where he will do anything to protect you from our enemies. Hogwarts has always had a great reputation for being safe and we think that you would do great there." Rebekah pulled out of the hug and kneeled down to get to my height, "You will be ok."

º º º º º º º º º º º º

Tears continue to sting at my eyelids, threatening to fall at any time. I had quickly packed the bare essentials I needed and walked downstairs to be greeted with the whole family.

"Hi, sweetheart." Dad walked over to me and pulled me into a hug, in which I returned.

"Im gonna miss you guys." I said, the tears pushing past my eyelids and stinging down my face.

"We'll miss you too, baby. In the meantime, don't get yourself into trouble missy." Rebekah stated, with a sad smile on her face.

I laughed through my tears at her comment and turned to uncle Elijah.

"Come here, darling." Uncle Elijah took me into a huge hug and kissed my soaked cheek with sadness.

"I'll see you guys soon, right?" I asked, pulling away from the hug and gripping my baggage.

"Of course. Now head along, you're gonna miss the train." I smiled as dad ushered me into the car and shut the door after me, with a sad smile.

º º º º º º º º º º º º

"Anything from the trolley dears?" The lady in front of me pushed her trolley and practically repeated the same thing to every single compartment. Occasionally, a few kids would walk up to the trolley and ask for some weird shit that was oddly on the trolley.