•chapter 20•

GUYS! I'm adding a new character and this guy will play her possible love interest. I'm sorry if this is very out of the blue, but I think it would be kind of cool to add a character that has no knowledge of the supernatural world. So yeah. He's also played by none other than the king himself, Timothee Chalamet.  

I didn't know where I was going, and frankly I didn't give two fucks. I've been known to make things up as I go along, and that----- was exactly what I was doing now. 

I weaved my way through the crowds of people that were standing in front of a random popcorn stand. Small town people are so cliche. 

I blindly made my way through the busy supermarket. My feet often had a mind of their own. Thankfully for me, their mind was pretty smart and usually knew exactly where to go. So, as per usual, I let my feet carry me. 

And once again, I found exactly where I wanted, needed to be. I looked towards the sky as the light, cool beach breeze rushed past my hair, causing it to float for a millisecond. I stared into the light blue sea, waves pushing outwards every few seconds and slowly fading as it's distance to the shore decreased. The water sparkled under the warm glow of the sun, the placid water bobbed up and down lightly, trying to match the waves' energy. 

I love the beach. 

This splendid moment however was quickly, and rudely interrupted, however, when I slammed into a brick wall. 

I honestly hadn't even noticed that I was still walking. I was so deep into my thoughts, I never realized that my feet were still walking. 

I had stumbled backwards, losing all the balance that I had and completely toppled over onto my butt. Today was going great. 

I tilted my head upwards, to try and get a glimpse of the wall I had just slammed into. To my horror, the man hadn't ran away like I had hoped he would. He was standing right over me, looking down at my disheveled self with an outstretched hand.   

I allowed my eyes to focus slightly as I squinted up at his features. I honestly didn't even know how stupid I looked, but I guess was extremely stupid. 

From where I was looking at, the man had a pretty defined jawline. In fact it was so sharp, it could probably cut a person. He high cheek bones that fit his facial structure almost perfectly. 

"Um miss?" I quickly snapped out of my thoughts when the man waved his hand in front of my face with a pretty concerned look on his face. This is when I realized just how stupid and idiotic I probably looked. I immediately pushed myself off the ground, to face him, ignoring the hand that he had offered me. 

And yes, I realize that that was extremely rude and probably also spurred the awkward silence that had occurred afterwards. 

"erm sorry bout that. I didn't know where I was going and I slammed into you. But you know that because you saw everything. Actually you experience everything." I awkwardly laughed and mentally stabbed myself. I gave him a weak smile. 

"It's totally fine. Do you come here often? I've never seen you around?" 

"Uh no. I'm actually new here I guess. I don't really know. My father sent me here to live with my mom, but then I don't think my mom really wants me? It's complicated." He sent me an apologetic smile that somehow made my heart flutter. This couldn't be normal. I mean, I had just met the guy? 

"Aww sorry bout that? I'm Asher by the way." Asher flashed a bright, less apologetical smile, and extended his arm out. 

"I'm Clara. Nice to meet you." I smiled back, and shook his hand. This was way too formal.