•chapter 21•

"Are you kidding me Asher?" I asked incredulously, narrowing my eyes at him with distrust. 

"What!? I'm not kidding you! It's just better!" Asher retorted gesturing furiously with his hands, trying to explain whatever dumb shit he was thinking. 

"Oh uh uh! How am I even friends with you! I took an oath the day I was born to never befriend a dark chocolate lover. Especially not one who prefers it over milk chocolate!" 

It had already been two weeks since I "broke" into Asher's house. See, I don't really like to use the phrase "broke into". I think it's more me "forcefully, but kindly entering the house." 

The three of us had honestly gotten along quite well if I say so myself. Even though Asher was a royal arse, he was fun to argue with. Especially when it came to his weird quirks. I mean I think the fact that he like dark chocolate over milk chocolate was enough to know about him. The type of chocolate you preferred would basically show what kind of person you were. 

"Well, I disrespectfully disagree with your idiotic opinion." Asher sassed back, as he stood up from his sitting position to grab a capri-sun. 

"Yeah mhm. I'm definitely the one over here with the idiotic opinions. dumbass." 

"I'm gonna go take a walk around the town. I'll be back in a few." I stood up and made my way to the door immediately. The thing with me is, I'm either the person who will procrastinate everything to the last minute, or the person that says their going to do something and then doing it in a second. There is no in between. 

Today,  just happened to be the latter. 

I grabbed my phone that was sitting on the kitchen counter peacefully as I slipped a warm, black puffer jacket over my embarrassing hello kitty crewneck. Don't worry, I covered any trace of Hello Kitty with my jacket. 

"See ya!" Allie's faint voice called out from her room. Her voice was very soft-spoken. I mean, I aspired for my voice to be remotely like hers, it was almost angelic. Not almost. It was definitely angelic-like. 

I grabbed on to the door knob, twisted it, and walked straight out the door. 

º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º 

There was something so peaceful about walking through small towns at night. The small town being Mystic Falls, and the person walking being me. 

It was so silent. There wasn't the normal annoying chatter of random people walking to the supermarket, or the common gossip that came from the high school drama queens, or even supernatural news. 

Silence. 

Of course, something or someone just had to interrupt this particular serene night. 

"Well if it isn't Klaus's daughter." 

I stopped in my track at the cold, slightly edged voice sounding behind me. At first the voice didn't trigger anything useful I could use to identify said man. 

"You know, I really wonder what it's like to be the daughter of a man whose killed millions of people with his hand." The voice continued. I stiffened a bit. I hated when people referred to my dad as one of those heartless creatures that only knew how to kill. It was here that I finally recognized the voice.

"Oh please. I know you're brother. Stephen right? Ripper was it? Or at least that's what people call him." I scoffed slightly, rolling my eyes unnoticeably, "Oh, and don't tell me you haven't killed before. Try living for 1000 years." 

"Yes yes. The classic, 'we've all killed' argument." Raven-boy switched his tone into a high-pitched, mocking tone. At this, I turned on my heel to face the man, producing the most deadly glare I could muster and throwing it at Raven-boy like daggers. Trust me, if looks could kill, he'd be long dead. 

"Boring," Raven-boy continued with a kill-worthy mocking tone. Oh, to rip his head off right now. "I wonder if that's what daddy used to say to you to make you feel better of having him as a dad." I drew in a tight breath. I narrowed my eyes at him and his growing smirk that was plastered on his face. 

"What do you want." I asked through gritted teeth. My fists were white at this point, my nails dug into the palm of my sweaty hand, willing myself not to throw a punch. 

"Oh nothing. I just wanted to chat." The smirk on his face grew even wider as he mocked me. 

Without even thinking, I blindly sped over in front of him and threw a punch at his face. Before I could make any sort of contact, however, a strong hand gripped at my wrist, preventing it from doing any damage. 

"Aww. Clara, why would you do that?" My glare intensified as his grip tightened. He feigned a look of hurt on his face and I really wanted to punch it in. 

I brought my leg up and kneed Raven-boy in his sensitive areas. He groaned and keeled over, clutching his torso with pain. I took this as my opportunity to sucker punch him in the nose. He groaned again, but quickly recovered. 

He was a lot stronger than me, faster too. There was no possible way I could beat him by pure fighting skills. So, at his moment of weakness, I did what any sane person would do. 

I ran. 

And let me tell you, I ran like the wind. See, vamp speed is helpful, but you don't get to feel that rush and adrenaline you get while running away from something. That feeling is probably one of the most amazing ever. You can feel free, without a care in the world. 

Well, except the fear of getting chased back down by the enemy you just got away from and murdered or worse, kidnapped by them. But, you know, that's beside the point. 

The sight of familiar tan walls and white curtains finally entered my vision line. I clearly had been walking for a quite a long time, because it took me over 20 minutes to sprint back home. 

At that point, I was practically limp-running. I was clutching a cramp that kept stabbing at my side. My breath was also not cooperating. My chest heaved with pain, as I continuously and uncontrollably panted. 

Yes. I get it. I hate exercising. 

This was probably the most exercise I have ever done in like 1 year. I burst through the door after punching in the password lock to the house, completely out of breath and with small sweat beads  dribbling down my forehead. 

Asher was sprawled out on the couch with a bag of Lays barbeque chips placed in between his legs. His eyes shifted from the TV that was playing a rerun of Victorious to my disheveled self. 

His eyebrows furrowed a bit and then, 

"Well you look like shit." 

º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º 

Please vote if you enjoy my story so far, it would mean the world to me!!

A/N: Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've had debate for the past two days, soooo yeah. Also, I have no idea how to start the next chapter. Love that for me :) Please ignore any grammar mistakes, I literally wrote this chapter in 20 minutes

Word Count: 1268