•chapter 25•

"All your school books are already up in your room. You'll need to do a lot of makeup work and catching up, but I'm sure you'll manage." 

"Ok thank you." I said. If I'm being frankly honest, I wasn't listening at all. I was really just continuing my thoughts from the train and hating on my dad for separating me and then making me do all this makeup work. 

I said my goodbyes to Dumbledore and then took the magic elevator back down to the corridors. 

I sense of nostalgia washed over me as I walked down the all too familiar corridors to the Slytherin common room. Normally, I got nostalgia from sliding down the same slide I slid down when I was 6, or entering my room that I haven't entered in 10 years. But this was different. I had only left for 2 weeks, yet that same warm and fuzzy feeling washed over me. 

It was at that moment that I realized that Hogwarts was my home. 

The word home had always been confusing or just weird to me. I've never really had a home before. I mean, I guess when I was 5 I thought my home was at the compound. But that place never really felt cozy or warm like a home should be. 

It felt dangerous and chilly to me. Never felt safe. On top of that, I was always moving to different places whenever my dad felt New Orleans wasn't safe for me. But the truth was it was never safe for me. 

At Hogwarts, I felt welcomed. For the first time I felt like I belonged. People didn't see me as that scary vampire tribrid with a murderer as a dad. Well, I mean maybe at first they did. But they've never judged me for who I was I guess. I was considerably normal to them. 

"Clar!" I was ambushed the second I entered the common room by a squealing Riley who immediately ran over and jumped into my arms, overjoyed at my return. 

Wow, I didn't know somehow could ever like me this much. 

I looked over Riley's shoulder at Jeremiah who also looked half-excited to see me. 

"ahhh omg we missed you so much!!" Riley squealed, squeezing impossibly tighter as I struggled for air. 

"uh Ri, air please," I managed to say as Riley was literally breaking my spine. 

"Oh right sorry." She finally pulled out with a smile that's ends reached both her eyes. 

I diverted my attention to the two boys sitting side by side on the emerald green couch. One with chocolaty brown hair, and the other with goldilocks hair. 

"Hey boys. Miss me?" I smirked slightly and outstretched my arms out for obvious purpose. Jeremiah and Draco shared a little glance to each other, smiling, before standing up and embracing me in a group hug. 

"awwww, group hug!" Riley shrilled and ran over to the three of, embracing us in her arms as well. 

So this is what it was like to have actual, not imaginary friends. The 4 of us held the embrace for a good while. The whole time my body was being engulfed by theirs, warm feelings shuddered all over me. Warmth tingled all around my spine, making my lips curl up into the largest smile that has ever appeared on my face before. 

I never want to let go. 

Sadly, after a good 10 minutes, our bodies slowly unraveled until we were both standing separately, smiling like actual idiots. 

We settled into a comfortable silence as we all sprawled ourselves over the couch.

"So, what happened?" Draco finally broke the silence and asked.