•chapter 11•

*beep* *beep* *beep*

I groaned at the familiar sound of my dumb alarm clock. I honestly don't even know why I still had that thing. It literally does nothing, but wake me up in the worst way ever. 

I reached across my bed and groped my hand around, trying to make contact with my clock that continued to screech in my ear. I finally managed to slam my hand on top of the stupid thing and shut it up. 

After another 10 minutes of just laying in bed trying to fall back asleep I finally gave up and hauled my ass up. 

º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º 

I made my way down to the great hall which, sadly, was pretty far from the Slytherin common room. My stomach continued to growl as I walked as fast as I could to the food. At this point,  this was pretty much a routine. 

"Hey!" I looked up from my feet to see the source of the voice. Hermione was waving her hand like a crazy maniac over at me, causing everyone to turn heads. Harry and Ron both looked quite humiliated. I couldn't blame them. 

"Ok ok. I'm coming jeez. No need to jump up and down like a crazy woman." Hermione rolled her eyes at me and I sat down at the Gryffindor table next to the 3. yes, I know. How treacherous of me. 

"So, what's up." I prompt, forking some scrambled eggs into my plate. 

"Buckbeak's execution is today. Right after potions." Harry looked so serious I almost began laughing, but you know, that would be inappropriate. 

"Aww no. Is there really nothing we can do?" I tried to act as sympathetic as humanly possible, but the truth was, I didnt really care for buckbeak. I came from a world where supernatural creatures and humans were killed left and right. It really wasn't new at this point. 

"We couldn't think of anything." Hermione dejectedly looked down at her plate of food. She clearly had thought a lot of this whole 'saving Buckbeak' situation considering her eye bags had deepened and the fact that her eye drooped every few seconds. 

"Oh no. Im so sorry. " I tried my best to match their grief. 

"It's fine. We were planning on going over to his hut after school before the execution just to give him some company. Do you wanna come?" Harry asked. 

"Yeah, of course. I'm down." I reply with a small smile before taking another bite of my sausage. 

º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º

Potions. 

My least favorite class of the day. Not because I dislike potions, but just because Snape is a little bitch. :) He clearly still holds a grudge against me. I mean, he doesn't really try to hide it. I was also still forced to sit next to Malfoy who was a jerk to me half the time and pretended I didnt exist the other half. 

Thankfully, it was the last class of the day so, I could fall asleep right after it. 

wait. shit, I have to go to Hagrid's with the trio after this. God damn it. 

I strode into Potions and sat down at my normal seat next to Malfoy. fun. 

I hastily rummaged through my bag and took out my books and notebooks, not even bothering to glance at Malfoy. Luckily, he gave me the same grace and kept his mouth shut. 

"Today we will be studying the art of these potions," Snape gestured his hand to show the 3 cauldrons on display at the front of the classroom. 

"Before I tell you what potions these are, I want you to quickly discuss with your partner and try to figure out what potions these are. You may come up to take a look of them, one by one."