•chapter 3•

I walked down with Riley and Jeremiah to our first class, which just happened to be potions. I know, fun fun.

We pushed through the groups of gaggling first years that would do anything to touch my hand. It was honestly quite annoying.

"Wow I guess you really are royalty here Mikealson." Riley playfully nudged me which earned her an eye roll from me.

"I know, you would think they would annoy the chosen one over me." I say while pushing the giant doors to potions class with none other than Professor Severus Snape. We walked over to the nearest desk with space for three. I kid you not, I could literally feel the sharp glare protruding from Snape's 2 eyes. This is gonna be such a good class.

"Welcome class. Today we will be learning the subtle science and art of a love potion, Amortentia...." His dull droning voice lulled me to sleep.

I didn't mean to close my eyes!? It just sort of happened. I mean, what was he expecting from a group of teenagers who get about 2 hours a sleep a day and listen to his boring voice teach about a boring subject.

"MS. MIKEALSON!"

Oh shit

I immediately shot up in my seat at the sound of my name being shouted through the whole school.

Wow, now literally everyone is staring at me.

"Yes professor?" I asked, innocently, pushing my hair behind my ears.

"What do you think you're doing?" Snape asked, cocking his eyebrows and emphasizing 'do'.

"Just dreaming about how to make all the wonderful potions that you have taught us." I faked a smile. The students murmured with laughter as Snape rolled his eyes.

"20 points from Slytherin thanks to miss sleepy over here." Once again, the class murmured with laughter with the occasional groan from Slytherins. The loudest, in particular, came from none other than Malfoy. I shot him a death glare which thankfully shut his big mouth up.

If looks could kill, he'd be dead.

º º º º º º º º º º º º º º

The rest of potions went by like the slowest slug in the world. Well, at least I know potions is in the running for least favorite class.

"Jesus christ, if I hear Snape say anything about Amortentia I will literally pee on him." I threw my arms up in exasperation.

"Well, let's hope he does say Amortentia again cause i really want to see Snape get peed on." Jer added with a snort.

"Hey Clara!" I slightly familiar voice called out from behind me. The three of us turned around to the source of the voice in sync, in which we were all greeted with the sight of the 'golden trio'.

"I'll catch up to you guys." I said over to Ri and Jer who both nodded, turned, and walked away.

"What's up?" I asked to the very out of breath Harry and Ron. Hermione seemed pretty unfazed though.

"Oh Harry was just wondering how you were doing." Hermione answered with a slight smile on her face, which she tried to cover by biting her lip. Harry, on the other hand, glared at her.

"oh? I'm fine, thanks for asking?" I replied, unsurely, and quite weirded out by the sudden concern.

"huh, good. Yeah that's good." Harry awkwardly said, ignoring Hermione and Ron's stifled laughter. I returned the awkwardness with an awkward smile.

"Yeah, uh well i have to go to class. See ya."

"Bye Clara."

"Bye Clara."

"Uh Bye Clara!"

I turned around after sending the three another forced smile, and walked towards wherever transfiguration was.

º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º

The rest of the day went by extremely slowly, but I'm guessing not as slowly as detention with Snape and Malfoy.

Sighing, I pushed the doors to Snape's classroom and was met with shiny blonde hair and Snape.

"Kind of you to join us Ms. Mikealson." Snape sneered.

"Kind of you to invite me to this exclusive party, Professor." I wittily replied with a fake smile, making sure to put emphasis on 'professor'. My specialty.

"Funny. Now, I want you to clean all the cauldrons and basically anything in this classroom that look dirty to you. Have fun. Oh, and no magic." Snape made sure to add with a smile. Blonde boy groaned next to me and i rolled my eyes.

"How fun." I whispered to myself as I pushed myself off the steel stool to grab a sponge, blonde boy, on the other hand, didnt budge and merely sat there playing with his hair.

"Well. Are you just gonna sit there while I do everything?" I prompted, slightly annoyed.

"Yep, pretty much. Carry on." He replied with a shrug.

oh hell no

"Oh no no. You are in detention with me, therefore you will participate in detention with me. In fact, I'll be nice and give you my sponge." I tossed my wet soaking sponge to him, which thankfully soaked him.

"Hey what the fuck!" He shouted, making me smile.

"Are you gonna help or not cause there are about 20 more wet sponges in there that I will stop at nothing to pelt at you." I sweetly smiled at him as he groaned while standing up.

"So, what's it like being a Mikealson?" He sneered.

"Oh you know, the usual. So, what's it like being a Malfoy?"

"The usual." I answered, dully. Yeah, this guy is way too boring.

The rest of detention consisted of absolutely nothing, but scrubbing and silence. I honestly couldn't think of anything to say to him and, clearly, he couldn't either since he was constantly staring directly into my back.

Finally, after what seemed like months of awkward scrubbing and staring, all cauldrons were finally cleaned.

"See ya hopefully never, Malfoy." I flicked my wrists towards him as I strut out the room.

well that was fun.

º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º

"Dad!" I was staring at dad through my phone that was, for some reason, a crazy invention by the muggles according to Riley and Jeremiah.

"Where's mom?"

"Caroline is back in Mystic Falls. How's school, sweetheart?"

"Oh, it's pretty boring not gonna lie. They really need a wand to perform magic? Did you know that? It's absolutely crazy. Oh, and Severus's here."

"Really? Oh God, Rebekah's not gonna like that. I thought he retired or something."

"Honestly, i'd be glad if he did. I just spent 3 hours scrubbing down cauldrons and tables with Malfoy in detention."

"hahah that sounds terrible."

"CLARA! GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE!" Riley yelled out to me from the common room.

"Oh God, OK! Hey dad, I gotta go. i call you tomorrow."

"Bye sweetheart." I gave him one last smile before ending the call.

"IM COMING!" I called out, grabbing a jacket and rushing out my dorm and into the common room.

º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º

To Be Continued

A/N: Wow these chapters be getting shorter and shorter. Anywayyyyyysssss. Does anyone have any new title recommendations? I think I might change mine.

Word Count: 1216