Chapter 10

Nakota:

Zuko and I made our way onto the the floor where my siblings and Aang were. We had to part ways since I knew Katara and Sokka would've freaked out if they saw us casually together. When I got closer to the room, I could hear my siblings yell to Aang. I looked to him and saw that he was in Zuko grasp now. Dang it! I was too late.

"The Avatar's coming with me." He said, holding Aang captive. I uncapped my waterskin and whipped Zuko's arms. Everyone looked taken back until their attention averted to me.

"Kota!" I heard Aang and my siblings yell to me. I was about to charge again until I felt hands pull my own back. Zuko looked at me then back to Aang. "Close the doors, quickly."

The soldiers had chained us up against the pillar, holding us back. Zuko had already gone over this with them, once I was with my family, I was no longer on their side. Not a few seconds had passed by when I heard Zuko yell and Aang rushing towards us.

"Go!" Katara yelled to him and nodded to the doors. A few guards had tried to stop him but Aang had stealthy dodged them all and slid through the doors. "He made it!" Katara exclaimed happily.

All of a sudden, a bright light had shined out from the room. "Wait, what's happening?" I said to Katara worried. She gave me a comforting look which calmed me down a little.

"Don't worry, he's going to be fine." She said, determined and looked back at the door. Zuko and the other guards had attempted to open the doors back up by firebending at it. The doors, however still remained shut which angered Zuko even more.

"Avatar Roku doesn't want us inside." One of the guards had said which made me relieved. Good, they couldn't get to Aang.

"Why did you help the Avatar?" Zuko question the other guard who I'm guessing helped Aang and my siblings.

"Because it was once the sage's duty. It is still our duty." A clapping sound was heard after the guards answer and we looked to see Commaded Zhao.

I groaned angrily. "I really do hate him." Katara and Sokka both have me puzzled looks. "I'll talk to you about it later."

"What a moving and heartfelt performance." Zhao said after his entrance. "I'm certain the Fire Lord will understand when you explain why you betrayed him." The guards around us saluted to him. "And Prince Zuko, it was a noble effort, but your little smokescreen didn't work. Two traitors in one day. The Fire Lord will be pleased." He continued to praise which angered me even more.

I then saw Zuko being held back by Zhao's guards. "You're too late Zhao. The Avatar's inside and the doors are sealed."

"No matter, sooner or later, he has to come out." Zhao smirked. We all exchanged worried glances as we looked back to the door.

~

The doors still were shut and the guards were getting ready to blast it at anytime.

"When those doors open, unleash all you're fire power!" Zhao commanded.

"Unleash all your fire power." I mimicked in a high pitched voice. "Ugh he thinks he's so clever, he's not." I glowered at him.

Sokka looked at me in funnily. "Seriously, you need to tell us what happened with you guys on the ship."

Katara had ignored us both, still having a wary expression. "How's Aang gonna make it out of this?"

"How are we gonna make it out of this." Sokka emphases which made both roll our eyes.

"He'll be okay. He's the Avatar, trust him." I said to Katara, grabbing her hand and she gave me a nod of reassurance. The bright light had shined on us again and the doors had finally opened up. We saw nothing but glowing eyes staring back at us.

We struggled against the chains. "No! Aang!" Katara warned and the firebenders started blasting. The fire then began to fade into a ball, revealing Avatar Roku instead of Aang.

"Avatar Roku." The good guard, chained next to me, awed.

"No way." I awed as well. So this was Avatar Roku, amazing. Something inside me then boosted my energy and I felt my strength enhanced.

Avatar Roku blasted the fire back towards us which made our chains melt. Next thing I knew, I had started to walk towards the Avatar before me, as if I was hypnotized. I felt like I wasn't in my body and my limbs were moving on their own.

"Kota! What are you doing?!" I heard Katara and Sokka yell for me. Even with all the fire Roku was blasting, it felt like as if their was a shield blocking me from the disaster. Someone tugged on my hand and whirled me around where I was met with Sokka's blue eyes. When he looked at me, his body became rigid as if he was startled.

"What?" I asked him, completely dazed. "What just happened?"

He shook his head and grabbed my hand again so we could run behind the pillars. After the smoke cleared and everyone was gone, we came out to see Aang fall to his knees. "We got your back." Sokka said while we all helped him up off the floor.

"Thanks, where's Shiyu?" Aang asked, still recovering.

"I don't know." Katara replied back.

We helped Aang outside and saw that the temple was beginning to collapse. Appa had come down, along with Momo, to rescue us and we quickly jumped on and flew away. I looked back at the destroyed temple, I hope Zuko made it out okay.

~

It had hit dark, and we were still flying. I looked back at Sokka, who was in deep thought, what did he see that made him so afraid of me?

"Sokka?" I walked over and sat near him. He didn't make any eye contact with me which made me frown. I shook his arm until he finally payed attention to me. "What did you see?" I asked, careful not to frighten him.

He looked back down. "It's nothing, don't worry about it." I nudged him again, in hopes of him telling me the truth.

"Please." I begged. "Tell me what made you terrified?" He sighed and finally looked at me with suspecting eyes.

"While you were in your weird daze from Avatar Roku, I ran over to turn you around and I saw..." I gave him a look to go on. "Your eyes, they were a bright gold for a second, then they flickered back to your normal ones." I let go of his arm and began to daze out again. That's impossible. And insane.

"How is that possible?" I shook his shoulders. "Are you sure?" He nodded.

"Believe me, I didn't at first but it doesn't make sense." He rubbed his neck. "I guess we'll figure it out on the way."

"Thank you." I hugged him. "For not freaking out as much, you know?" He shrugged and smiled.

"Thanks, it's what I do best." Sokka leaned back with his hands behind his head. I shook my head and lightly punched his arm.

"Actually, I think what you do best is freaking out. Am I wrong?" He gave me a pout while I laughed at his childish acts.