Chapter 19

Nakota:

I did as promised and joined Zuko and Iroh for breakfast. I also decided to try on more of the outfits that were in my closet, though it was hard to decide. They were all beautiful. Eventually, I picked out an outfit that looked decent but classy enough, best of both worlds I guess. Then, for the final look, I put my hair in a low braid and puffed up the top.

Finally happy with my appearance, I walked out of my room, making my way into the dining hall

Finally happy with my appearance, I walked out of my room, making my way into the dining hall. It was good that it was only Iroh and Zuko, or else I would've felt really uncomfortable with the other crewman. I approached the two Firebenders silently as they were distracted, minding their own business.

"Well, how do I look?" I twirled around, showing my entire outfit. Zuko choked on his drink while Iroh beamed up at me.

"You look absolutely astonishing, my dear." Iroh stood and bowed to me. I did a little curtsy and looked to Zuko.

"Well...I mean-" Zuko stood up, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "I think you look...nice." I grinned sheepishly and sat down with the two.

"So, what are we having?" I asked both of them. "I hope there's French toast." Iroh laughed while Zuko wore a ghost smile in my direction.

~

Later on in the evening, I was practicing my waterbending moves that Iroh had taught me. It made me miss my home and family. I hoped they were doing alright, but then again, they could get out of trouble easily. They're gifted and lucky like that.

"Hey."

A voice startled me from behind, resulting in me, immediately, splashing water in that direction. When I turned, I saw that it was Zuko, who had dodged my attack in time.

"Whoops." I smiled sheepishly with an apologetic expression. "I'm sorry."

"Yeah, sure you are." Zuko sarcastically replied back with an eye roll.

I crossed my arms and gave him a look. "Yeah you're right, I totally did that on purpose." I smiled while he shook his head.

"Sometimes, I can't even tell when you're telling the truth." He sighed and walked over to me. "What are you planning on doing today?"

"Hm, well it's not like there's a lot to do on a ship like this." I said, tapping my chin. "So I guess nothing really."

"Good. We're gonna do something." He smirked as I gave him an odd expression.

"You? You want to actually do something?" I raised my eyebrows. "Anything other than chase down my friend? What are you getting at?" I narrowed my eyes in suspicion.

"Nothing, like you said, there's nothing to do here anyways." He gestured around his ship. "So let's find go find something to do."

~