Chapter 22

Nakota:

I can't believe I'm lost here. Here in the spirit world. I began to move elsewhere, attempting to make my way out of this swampy fog. But no mater how I tried, it's like I still couldn't escape. I even yelled for Aang multiple times but still nothing.

"Aang." My voice cracked. "I'm scared." I fell to my knees, crying into my hands. I've never felt so afraid before, I've never been alone. Being abandoned was one of my worse fears. Yet here I was.

"Don't cry."

I lifted my head, searching for the voice.

"Everything will be okay."

"Who's there?" I called out, my voice echoed, bouncing off the swamp. Just then, I saw a shadowy figure appear from the fog. I got to my feet in a quick movement, my stance ready to fight.

"Woah. Easy there." I could now see the person appear in front of me, holding his hands up. "Don't worry. I'm not here to hurt you." A little laugh escaped his mouth.

I furrowed my brows and lowered my fists. "Who are you?" This man looked really familiar.

"Let's take a walk, shall we?" He waved his hand and motioned for me to follow. When he noticed I wasn't following him, he turned back around. "Unless you want to stay in here forever." I gazed at him oddly and cautiously followed him. He wore a black suit shirt so it was easy for me to spot him.

I strayed a few steps away but not too far in case I would lose sight of the mysterious man before he got too far. After a few more steps, we made it outside and the sky looked a little more clearer with a stride of colors. I looked at the mysterious man before me. He appeared to be a lighter shade than me, golden eyes, long side burns, and wore a man bun. This man looks like someone I know, I couldn't quite tell who though.

"Ta-da! I rescued you from the swamp." He put his hands out and did a 'jazz hands' gesture. "I am now your knight and shining armor." I cracked a smile at his joke.

"Yeah, you did." I crossed my arms and looked down. "So..." I trailed off. "I'm sorry, but who are you?"

"Oh, I'm so sorry." He held out his hand. "I'm Lu Ten." I shook his hand. "It's nice to meet you, Kota."

As soon as I heard him say my name, I abruptly took my hand back. "How do you know-"

He put his hand on his heart. "Forgive me, but I think you tend to be on my cousin's mind lately."

I sent him a perplexed look. "Your cousin?" This was starting to get weird. "Who's your cousin?"

He let out a low whistle. "Oh you know, he's the nephew of a very wise man." He walked around me. "My cousin on the other hand, boy is he one hot-head."

I gasped, no way! "Zuko is your cousin!?" I exclaimed at him. "Wait, but that must mean..." my lips formed into a smile. "Iroh is your father."

Lu Ten nodded. "They are a blessing aren't they?" He laughed.

"Yup, they're a great combination together." I laughed with him. Our chuckling soon died down and I now felt more relaxed.

"Yeah but, that's what I wanted to talk to you about." His expression instantly became serious as he sat down.

"Oh, okay." I looked at him alarmed and sat down as well. "Are they okay?"

Lu ten sighed heavily. "I know this might seem a little strange to you, so please just hear me out." I gave him a nod. "My father needs your help leading Zuko on his right path, away from the wronged one. Zuko is someone who is lost and needs someone there to guide him."