Chapter 23

Nakota:

I awoke again due to yelling going on around me. I turned to look at all my surroundings and paused when I saw Zuko next to me. I gasped and crawled toward him, looking him over. He looked beaten and hurt, as if he was in some sort of accident.

"Zhao don't!"

I peeked my head up from Appa and saw Zhao holding something. That's when I realized where we were. I saw the ocean spirit alone going crazy in the pond. "Oh no." I whispered and got down from Appa slowly. Zhao was holding the moon spirit in his hand as it dangled in the bag.

"It's my destiny, to destroy the moon and the Water Tribe." Zhao stated, threatening to hurt the moon spirit.

"Destroying the moon won't just hurt the Water Tribe, it will hurt everyone, including you." Aang spoke with such caution. "Without the moon, everything would fall out of balance. You have no idea what kind of chaos that would unleash on the world."

"He's right, Zhao." We turned to see Iroh. I now made myself known as I appeared near my siblings.

"General Iroh, why am I not surprised to discover your treachery." Zhao remarked as he glared at him.

Iroh took off his hood for his whole face to be seen. "I'm no traitor, Zhao. The Fire Nation needs the moon too. We all depend on the balance." Zhao still made no motion to release the fish. "Whatever you do to that spirit, I'll unleash on you tenfold. Let it go now!" Iroh screamed after.

"You heard him." Zhao's eyes flickered to me as I got into my stance. "Release it now!"

For a moment, we watched Zhao slowly bend down and release the moon spirit into the pond. However, we were fooled when we saw Zhao shout and blast it. The world seemed to slow down as we watched in shock and saw the sky transform into a grey color. Iroh charged to Zhao, blasting him with his fire and knocking down every troop.

I saw Zhao escaping from the corner of my eye. "Oh no you don't." I said and ran past everyone. With his back turned to me, I shoved him with all my might and knocked him to the floor.

He turned around as I readied my fighting stance. "Oh so you're here for a fight huh?" Zhao smirked as he also got into his stance. "Such a waste, you could've fit in with us all, but now, you are just another useless person that needs to be gone." He blasted his fire to me which I quickly dodged.

He attempted to blast me over and over again but I kept dodging every move. Ever since his fight with Zuko, I learned his steps and how he moved every time he fought. Unfortunately, I miscalculated when Zhao caught me off guard and blasted toward my feet. I stumbled back and felt him shove me hard which resulted in me flying back. I crashed into the wall behind me and heard a crack. I groaned as I felt a sharp pain hit my side, I looked up to see Zhao now towering over me.

"It's a shame really. You could've been a hero to the Fire Nation." Zhao taunted. I couldn't protect myself due to the moon spirit being gone. "I guess you're gonna have die along with your boyfriend."

My eyes widened. "What?" Is that why Zuko  looked beaten and bruised?

He smirked at my expression. "So now, you shall suffer the same fate as he did."

Zhao went to blast me again, I tried to shield myself, waiting for the worse to come. That was until I heard a whoosh and a grunt. "Don't touch her!" I lowered my hands and saw Zuko in front of me. He must've blocked Zhao's hit.

"You're alive?" Zhao gasped which made me smirk. Who's the fool now.

"You tried to have me killed!" Zuko yelled and continued to blast him.

They continued to fight against each other, while I attempted to look for anything resourceful. However, due to my side, I couldn't reach anything even if I wanted to. It felt like hours had gone by as my eyes were slowly closing.

"Kota." I felt someone shake me. "Kota wake up!" I groaned and saw Zuko in front of me, looking at me with concern. "Tell me-tell me how I can help.

"Oh hey there." I made an effort to smile and touch his face but winced. "Take me somewhere where water is, I can heal myself there." He nodded and picked me up bridal style.

He walked me to a waterfall in front and placed me in, I put my hands on my wound and watched as the water glowed. Wow, it worked! I looked up at the sky and saw the moon was back. I hadn't even realized that the sky turned back to normal.

"Thank you." I spoke softly as he helped me out. "I have to go. I have to get to my family." I said and tried to walk past him until he stopped me.

"You're leaving again?" His face looked to be conflicted with a hint of sadness.

I gave a little smile and held his face in my hands. "I'll be right back. I promise." Our hands slipped from each other as I ran to where my family was.

When I got there, I saw Katara holding Sokka who held a solem expression. That's when I realized Princess Yue was nowhere to be found. I looked up to the moon and I looked back down to Sokka, feeling his sadness. I rushed to his side and held him, him holding me back tighter. I don't how long we stood there for until I remembered what I was here for. After Sokka got to his feet, along with us, I knew it was time.

"I must leave now." Their heads snapped to me. "Just please understand, it's my destiny. It's what I was born to do."

"What do you mean?" Katara asked. "Where are you going?" She walked forward.

"I know it's hard to explain, but this was what I was meant for." I informed them and sighed. "I don't like leaving y'all either but I have to do this. I only hope you can understand that."

It was now Sokka's turn to walk up to me. "You're leaving with him, aren't you?" I looked away, guilt in my eyes. "After all he's done to us! You're going to chose him over your own family?"

Tears began stinging my eyes. "No that's the last thing I would want you to think! But I'm not going to lie to you when I tell you this is the only way to protect everyone." I blew out a shaky breath. "I spoke to someone, Avatar Roku." Their eyes widened in surprise. "He told me it was my destiny to help Zuko and guide him on his right path. He also said it was the only way to protect everyone around me, including you guys and Aang."

"So your just going to abandon your only family!" Katara exclaimed to me in anger.

I shut my eyes in frustration. "You'll never understand." I wiped my tears with my sleeve. "I have to go. Tell Aang I spoke to Avatar Roku, maybe then you'll see." I turned to walk away but paused. "Remember that I love you guys and Aang, I'll always be on your side. Don't forget that." I finally walked away leaving, my heart paining even more.

~

I saw Iroh near the ocean, on a little boat with Zuko. "Kota, you're here?" He hugged me. I hugged him back, thinking of Lu Ten. They were such a beautiful family.

"Yes, I'll tell you all about it as soon as we get this thing moving." He agreed and I helped him move the boat into the ocean. I walked to Zuko afterwards and sat down next to him. "Hey there." I grabbed his hand.

He smiled and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. "I didn't think you were coming back."

"Don't be silly, I'm here for you and Iroh. We're in this for the long run." I smiled at him and squeezed his hand back. "From now on, we're here for each other. Always."

________________________________________

Yayy!!!! End of Book 1!!!! Thank you so much for reading this fan-fic with me. It's truly been an adventure learning about Kota and her relationship with Zuko. I think she's amazing and I absolutely love her.

BOOK 2 COMING SOON....