Chapter 17

Nakota:
WARNING: Violence or abuse may be written and read in this chapter.

The doctor had told me to take it easy since my shoulder would be healed in a few days straight. I could still move it but I couldn't carry anything for a while. So rest was what I did. I sat outside on the deck with Iroh, playing a game of Pai Sho. However, much to my displease, I was losing very badly. How could an old man be so wise and strategic at the same time?

"Cheer up, Kota." Iroh smiled. "If you keep practicing, you'll become a master at this just like me." I sent him a smile and continued my game with him.

After a few more, I asked if I could be excused for a moment, which he accepted. I walked to the back of the ship, taking in the sight before me. I haven't had the chance to talk to Zuko since yesterday. I hope he's okay. Maybe I should check on him to see what he's up to. I made my way the ship and went straight towards his room. When I opened Zuko's door, I shockingly saw that he was still sound asleep. That's weird. I thought he would've been up at the break of dawn searching for Aang. I quietly shut the door and walked over to his bedside, kneeling down to his level.

I observed his expression for a while then smiled, he looked so peaceful and less stressed. I wonder what he's dreaming about? I touched the side of his face carefully, making him twitch a little but not awaken yet. I then traced my finger from his forehead to his jawline, beginning to admire his features. I had to admit, he was good-looking, if only he would stop obsessing with capturing Aang all the time. But a part of me knew that was never going to happen.

Before I knew it, I felt someone grab my finger and I'm met with a pair of golden eyes looking down at me. "What are you doing?" His brows furrowed at the sight of me.

"I feel like you're always asking me that." I huffed, standing up. "Did you have a nice nap?"

Ignoring my question, he got up and walked past me. My face had now become flustered as I just realized he was shirtless. I covered my face with my hands as I was becoming flustered more by the second.

"What now?" Zuko groaned, looking at me with question when he saw my face a deep shade of red.

"Can you put your shirt on already?" I asked annoyed. "It's like you're taking your time on purpose."

"What? You've never seen a guy shirtless?" He joked but stopped when he noticed I wasn't laughing with him. "Oh. You're serious?"

"Don't judge me." I pointed at him. "I'm gonna go already, so just make sure you have a shirt on when you're outside ok?" I walked outside of his room, speeding as fast as my legs could take me.

~

Looking at the ocean was such a beautiful image, along with the sun still up in the sky and a little breeze coming here and there. Such a beautiful day. "Why are you always gazing?" I turned to see Zuko staring at me. He finally had changed into an outfit, and was not shirtless. Much to my relief since I most likely would've died.

"What is it with all these questions?" I asked while he leaned on the railing next to me.

"Maybe it's because you're weird." He joked which made me shove him. "I'm kidding, kind of." I rolled my eyes and looked back out at the sea.

"How did you know where to find us?" I questioned, taking him off guard. "At Zhao's place."

He stayed silent for a couple of seconds before eventually answering me. "I was following him since he said he was now going to take down the Avatar." I listened and waited patiently for him to continue. "I saw that he had taken him, but also you." His eyes flickered to me. "I was still going to take him of course but with you captured, my plan had changed. I had to get you to safety but capture the Avatar as well."