Chapter 20

Nakota:

"So then we totally beat them and their dumb little machines." Sokka finished bragging. He was explaining about their last adventure together. He was going on about this since yesterday, and today for hours.

Apparently, they battled Fire Nation soldiers at the Northern Air Temple. He also said something about an inventor there who had built weapons for the Fire Nation. But then they all fought back together, taking the soldiers down.

"Wow, that sounds like fun." I replied back out of boredom. "Sokka, you don't need to tell me anymore. You told the story twice today."

"I'm just saying. It's one heck of a story." He said, leaning back.

"Right, sure." I sighed and lied next to him.

"You know, I'm not one to complain, but can't Appa fly any higher?" After Sokka's complaint, I glanced over and noticed that we were flying near the water, almost touching it.

Aang turned around, looking as frustrated as ever. "I have an idea. Why don't we all get on your back, and you can fly us to the North Pole."

"I'd love to." Sokka exclaimed and turned his body around. "Climb on everyone! Sokka is ready for take off." He wiggled his butt. I narrowed my eyes and kicked his butt, causing him fall to the side.

"Look, we're all just a little tired and cranky because we've been flying for two days straight." Katara explained.

Honestly, I missed my family dearly, but now, I was starting to miss Zuko and Iroh. I think it's because...I didn't have to worry about searching for something. On Zuko's ship, I felt carefree and happy, like there was no worries with just us. It was less...stressful.

"And for what?" Sokka argued, making me snap back into reality. I forgot we were having our conversation. "We can't even find the Northern Water Tribe. There's nothing up here."

Just then we heard a splashing sound and saw a spiked iceberg in our way. We all screamed as Aang guided Appa on trying to dodge them all. Suddenly, we began to spin out of control and crash landed into the water. We were frozen in place, watching the people who attacked us come out with boats. Boats that seemed all too familiar.

"They're Waterbenders." Katara exclaimed happily.

"We found the Water Tribe!" I whispered and stood up. "Well, it's about time."

~

When we arrived, we saw that the Northern Water Tribe was completely different from home. It was a whole palace that was built from ice, this place was absolutely breathtaking. People stared at us and waved, us doing the same.

"This place is beautiful." Katara awed.

"More like astonishing." I said in wonder, looking at all the sights around me.

"Yeah she is." We looked behind us and saw Sokka looking back at a woman in a boat.

"Awe, someone has an itty bitty crush." I gushed while Katara laughed with me.

Dusk had come and we sat together in front of a fully feasted table. "Tonight, we celebrate the arrival of our brother and sisters from the Southern Tribe." The Chief spoke among all of his people. "And they have brought with them someone very special, someone who many of us believed disappeared from the world until now, The Avatar." The crowd cheered as Aang smiled brightly. "We also celebrate my daughter's sixteen birthday. Princess Yue is now of marrying age."

I looked to the side, along with Sokka and saw the woman he admired from earlier. I nudged Sokka with a smirk while he glared and nudged me back harder. Princess Yue started to declare a speech, thanking the moon and spirits. She was really pretty.