Chapter 2

Nakota:

As soon we boarded the ship, we stood in front of the Firebender who was looking down at us.

"Take the Avatar to the prison hold on the first floor. Then take this to my quarters." He handed the staff to an older man who then gave it to another guard to put it in his room. He looked at me, and something in his eyes sparked. He walked towards me and looked into my eyes. "So how is it that a Waterbender from the South Pole, be born with a different set of colored eyes?" He held my chin to look at me.

I moved out of his grasp and glared. "Ugh, not you too. Like I've said before, it's a long story." I grunted, still struggling against my binds. He looked at me for a minute longer, "Guards take this prisoner to the cell hold at the bottom of the ship, away from any water sources." He turned and walked away. The two guards who had me in their grip before, grabbed me again and started walking me to the bottom.

As we were walking, I was thinking of a way to try and escape to get to Aang. Dad did teach me a lot of fighting skills before he had left. I reminded myself, now was the time to put them to good use. I started whistling to try and irritate the guards who looked at me with annoyed expressions. I continued, until the guard in front of me had turned around, "Silence." He demanded while I smirked. Good.

I first head butted the guard in front who stumbled back. The guard behind me started to grab me from behind until I ducked and swiped him from under his feet. With the two guards distracted. I ran back towards the top of the ship, running inside. Suddenly, I heard, "The Avatar has escaped!" From a guard up top and I started to run faster. Although it was pretty hard to run with both hands tied, at least they weren't behind my back.

I was looking for Aang and stopped as I saw another guard in front of me. "Hey! Stop there!" He yelled running to me. I looked at him and got into my fighting stance. As his hand reached out to grab me, I swiftly turned to the side and rammed into him which made him fall back. I jumped over him and then bumped into someone else.

I was about to attack once again until I saw that it was Aang. "Kota!" He said while hugging me. How did he break free?

"Hey Aang it's nice to see you too, would you mind though?" I asked holding up my hands. A look of realization came to his face, and he began to un-tie them. After rubbing my wrists, I grabbed his hand and started running to the top of the ship. As soon as we reached the top, Aang opened his glider and looked towards me, "Ready?" I nodded as he grabbed my waist and started running then flew into the air. Woww. So this is what it feels like to fly, I wondered.

My thoughts were instantly interrupted when something or someone had caught my leg. I gasped and we started to sway back and fourth until we eventually fell onto the ship. I got back up and went into a fighting stance in front of Aang when all of a sudden he looked behind us in the sky, "What is that?" The firebender said in question.

I turned to look and saw a big furry animal flying through the air, "Oh yeah, what is that?" I questioned Aang when he started smiling. "Appa!"

Without me paying attention, Aang moved me out of the way and flew from the blast that the Firebender created. When I looked back at Aang, I saw that he was almost at the edge. I got to my feet and pulled the water from my water skin and started swiping it towards the leader. He seemed to get aggravated and blasted to me but I dodged it just in time. It wasn't until I noticed that Aang was now trying to balance himself on the railing and was blasted. It felt like everything was in slow motion as I watched Aang fall overboard.

"No!" I yelled trying to go after him until another blast was sent my way. I looked at the scarred Firebender and started defending myself. I then looked around me and saw I was basically surrounded by water. I looked at him and with such strength that was channeled by my anger, I pulled both my arms back and both my hands collided with each other, which caused a big wave to come over the ship. They scarred bender had been caught off guard and was knocked down.