Chapter 7

Nakota:

After arriving at a new destination, we all waited for Sokka to come back with dinner. Aang and I had jumped to our feet as soon as we saw heard his footsteps.

"Great, your back! What's for dinner?" Aang asked as we all sat down near him.

"We've got a few options. First, round nuts and some kind of oval-shaped nuts." Sokka began taking them out. "And some rock-shaped nuts that might...just be rocks. Dig in!"

"Seriously, what else you got?" Katara asked, I picked up one of the nuts and observed it. All of a sudden, we heard a loud banging noise.

"What was that?" Sokka asked and looked around. The sound became a little louder and clearer for us. We all got to our feet, checking our surroundings.

"It's coming from over there." Aang pointed and we ran towards the strange noise, leaving Sokka behind. After making a statement, he had no choice but to follow us after all.

Katara, Aang, and I peered over the rocky edge. There, we saw a young teen who looked at least sixteen, throwing boulders into a wall.

"An Earthbender." Katara said in amazement.

"Let's go meet him."

"He looks dangerous, so we better approach cautiously." Sokka addressed.

"Oh please, you think everyone is dangerous." I smacked Sokka's chest making him yelp.

"Do you have to hurt everyone?" Sokka said, rubbing the bruised part.

"Hello there!" We all looked in front of us and saw Katara. "I'm Katara. What's your name?" The boy stopped throwing boulders and looked at us in alarm. He didn't think twice before running away, throwing bigger rocks blocking our way.

"Nice to meet you!" Aang yelled.

"A simple hello would've been nice at least!" I said, throwing my hands in the air. Men, they just don't understand.

I saw Katara who held a sad look. "I just wanted to say hi."

"Hey, that guy's got to be running somewhere." Aang pointed out, having an idea. "Maybe we're near a village and I bet that village has a market."

Katara's eyes lit up, a wide smile crossing her face. "Which means no nuts for dinner." Her and Aang both ran to the same direction as the boy.

"Hey! I worked hard to get those nuts." Sokka said, his arms crossed. I patted his shoulder, comforting him and he slumped. "Yeah I hate them too."

~

We walked farther from our stopping point and indeed saw a village. I looked around the tiny village and what caught my eyes were soldiers all lined up on one side. That's odd. I looked at my surroundings again and saw that same boy from earlier.

"There he is." I whispered to Katara and saw him go into a small store.

"Hey!" Katara yelled and ran after him. I followed along with Aang and Sokka.

"Hey! You're that kid!" Katara said after entering the store. I guess we startled him due to the look on his face.

"Yeah, not to mention the very rude kid." I crossed my arms and glared.

"Why did you run away before?" Katara asked after my comment.

"Uhh..." The boy trailed off nervously. "You must have me confused with some other kid." I noticed now that there was a woman behind him who looked at the boy in confusion.

"No, she doesn't. We saw you earthbendering." Aang said, stepping closer to us now. Both him and the woman gasp, shutting the door and all the windows.