Chapter 4

Nakota:
It's been two days since Zuko and I last seen each other. I guess we've both been very awkward about the whole situation that we've been avoiding each other.

Today, Iroh had told me we needed to make a quick stop to get the ship repaired after what damage the ice had done. As both Iroh and I made our way outside, we see Zuko waiting at the bottom for us. He turns to look at us with an impatient expression.

"It's about time. What took you so long?" He marched towards us both. I wonder if he was talking to me or Iroh. Other than that he grabs my arm and we start walking back down the ramp. He wasn't grabbing my arm to harsh, but I still felt the need to smack his hand away.

"What are you doing? Let me go!" I said, anger rising in my voice.

"I have to make it look like you're a real prisoner even though you still are." Zuko said before grabbing my arm again, but this time lighter than before. "You're just not treated like one supposedly."

"That's because I saved your life. If it weren't for me, you wouldn't have been standing here." I argued back. He didn't seem to care since he had got started on another topic.

"Uncle, I want the repairs made as quickly as possible. I don't want to stay too long and risk losing his trail." I rolled my eyes.

"You mean the Avatar."

Zuko was now in Iroh's face which made both of us jump. "Don't mention his name on these docks. Once word gets out that he's alive, every firebender will be out looking for him, and I don't want anyone getting in the way."

Before either of us could say another word, someone else had beat us to it. "Getting in the way of what, Prince Zuko?" A soldier now walks towards us with pride in each step.

"Captain Zhao." Zuko said as the soldier was now in front of us. I hadn't even realized I was shielded by Iroh and Zuko, my wrist now in Zuko's hand.

"It's commander now. General Iroh, great hero of our nation."

Iroh bows to Zhao before replying back, "Retired general." Wow. It all makes sense now, his words of wisdom along with his personality of a warrior. Impressive.

"The Fire Lord's brother and son are welcome guests anytime." He then noticed me. "As well as your friend I'm guessing." Zuko's grip tightens on my wrist before I gave him a look. If it weren't for my Fire Nation clothes, I'm sure I would've been pointed out as a prisoner like Zuko had said. "What brings you to my harbor?"

"Our ship is being repaired." Iroh gestures towards the front part of the ship.

"That's quite a bit of damage." Zhao looks towards the ship and back down at us looking suspicious.

"Yes. You wouldn't believe what happened. Uncle, tell Commander Zhao what happened."
I couldn't stop the smirk coming onto my face as both Iroh and Zuko tried to come up with a possible answer.

"Yes, I will do that." Iroh straighten his posture. "It was incredible." He paused before looking at Zuko. "What did we crash or something?"

"Yes! Right into an Earth Kingdom ship." Zuko finishes before I face palm myself. They really couldn't come up with a better excuse?

"Really?" Zhao says, his suspicion rising more by the minute. "You must regale me with all the thrilling details. Join me for a drink."

"Sorry but we have to go." Zuko says and starts walking away. That is until Iroh puts a hand on Zuko's shoulder.

"Prince Zuko, show commander Zhao your respect. We would be honored to join you." My stomach twisted into knots. I don't know why but I had a bad feeling about him.