1.5

1.5

RYAN

"Hello Mr. Sullivan, have a seat." My therapist, Dr. Shepherd said. I sat down, and she said, "How did your meeting with Ms. Iravani go?"

"Uh, it went as well as could be expected." I sighed.

"Did you raise your voice with her?" She asked.

"Only because I was crying. I didn't yell, even though she was yelling at me. I stayed as calm as I could."

"Very good," She said, taking notes. "So she yelled at you?"

"Yes. A lot."

"Do you think that was unfair of her to do so?" She asked.

"No, not at all. As far as I'm concerned, it wouldn't even be unfair for her to cut my dick off."

"Language, Mr. Sullivan."

"Sorry."

"How do you feel about the encounter?" She asked.

"I mean, it felt good honestly. It felt good getting everything I had to say out, and it felt good having her yell at me."

"Why is that?"

"I deserve so much worse than that..." I said, shaking my head, "I don't know, I guess I just wanted her to get her frustration out on me so maybe she can move on a little better."

"She has a boyfriend, correct?"

"Yeah, his name is Luke. He seems like a really good guy."

"Does it hurt seeing her with him?"

"I mean, yeah, obviously. But it's for the best. I can't be with her anymore, I've accepted that. I just want her to be happy." I sighed.

"You just wish she could be happy with you." She stated.

I sighed and said, "Exactly."

"That's not uncommon, Ryan. It takes time. You have to work to get over her. It's not going to be easy. You loved her."

"I love her. Present tense."

"You love her."

"That won't ever change."

"Did you give him the letter?" She asked.

"Yeah," I said, right as my phone buzzed in my pocket. "Sorry, can I?"

"Go ahead."

I took out my phone; I had a text from an unknown number.

Unknown: Hey Ryan, its Luke. I was wondering if we could grab lunch. I'd like to chat

"It's, uh, Zoe's boyfriend."

"What did he say?" She asked.

"He wants to get lunch today and talk."

"How do you feel about that?"

"I'm not really sure, honestly."

"I think it could be a good idea." She stated.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes. You got your chance to say what you wanted to him in your letter. It's only fair he gets to say what he wants to you now. You should go."

"Okay. Thank you Dr. Shepherd."

"You've come a long way, Ryan." She said as I walked out the door.

Ryan: Meet at Le Pain Quotidian in 15? It's in Central Park

Luke: Sounds good mate