2.0

LUKE

Two days later, Zoe was still hardly speaking to me. The only people she hung out with were Laurel, Michael, and Enzo, who had been over here every day since we met him.

"I think I'm gonna go home." I told Calum.

"What? Why?" He asked.

"I think I just need to be away from her, so I don't question why she's not hanging out with me." I sighed.

"That's being a little dramatic, don't you think?" He asked.

"No." I stated.

"Alright, then, mate. Do you want me to go with you?" He asked.

"You don't have to; you can if you want, though."

"I don't really want to." He admitted, smiling.

"Then stay." I smiled.

"We only have a week left here, are you sure you wanna leave?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I said.

"Alright. I'm gonna go swimming, wanna come?" He asked.

"Nah, I'm gonna sit up here and start packing." Once he left, I texted Zoe.

Luke: Hey babe can you come to my room real quick? I need to tell you something

Zoe: Sure

A few minutes later, she walked through my door without knocking. Typical Zoe.

"What's up?" She asked, sitting on the end of my bed.

"Um, I'm gonna go ahead and head home." I admitted.

"Why?" She asked.

"I just, I just think I need some space."

"Why?"

"To figure out how I feel about everything." I said.

"You mean me." She snapped, more in statement form than question.

"Well, yeah. You've hardly said two words to me this past week, Zoelle."

"I've been a little busy!" She half yelled.

"Yeah, with another guy," I said quietly.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" She asked. "You're seriously mad because I've been spending time with Enzo."

"Yeah, because I see the way he looks at you, Zoe! It's the way I look at you, god even the way fucking Ryan looks at you!" I yelled.

"You are insane." She laughed sardonically.

"No, you're just fucking blind to the fact that he's into you!"

"Go. Seriously. Go right ahead and just run away because you feel threatened by someone who is like my brother. Real manly, Luke." She said, and then walked out of my room, slamming the door behind her.

The next morning, I got up really early to head to the airport. Nonni nicely offered to drive me there.

"Thank you for taking me to the airport, Nonni." I smiled.

"Of course, my dear." She said, squeezing my hand as we got my bags out of the car.

Once we got to security, I gave her a big hug and said, "Thank you for all you've done."

"She'll come around, Luke. She always does." She smiled.

"I sure hope so."

"Even if she doesn't pull her head out of her ass, which I really think she will, you and the boys better come back and visit me. You'll always have a place to stay here."