.03

ZOE

Laurel and I were in the bathroom, she was getting ready, I was just sitting in there with her, painting my nails black. She had talked me into changing into my pair of black skinny jeans with rips all up and down the legs to 'show more skin for Luke.' I did not do it for Luke; however, they were just more party material. She was telling me all about her date thing with Ashton.

"He told me I was beautiful like twelve times, Zoe. Oh my god."

"You've told me. Like twelve times." I said.

"He's just so cute. And so sweet. I can't take it!" She gushed.

"Ugh. You gross me out."

"Stop being rude, asshole." Laurel said, "You're just upset because you wish Luke would tell you that you're beautiful."

"Not true." I replied.

"Ashton said he thinks Luke has a thing for you."

"Not true. Once again."

"He told me on the car ride home that Luke likes feisty girls. And that he said that you're hot."

"I'm not feisty."

"Yes you are." She said, laughing.

"Whatever. Are you almost done?" I asked.

"Yes! Jesus you've asked me that like four times in the last twenty minutes."

"That's because you're taking forever!" I said laughing.

"Whatever. I'm done." She said, finally. "Can we please do something with your ratty ass hair?"

"No. I like it like this. It doesn't look bad." I said. It was just down and wavy. Maybe a little bit ratty, but in a good way. I thought it looked just fine.

"It doesn't look bad, just not necessarily good."

"Wow, thank you. You're so nice."

"It's my job as your little sister to tell you the truth." She said.

"And it's my job as your big sister to tell you to shut the fuck up." I said, and then I smiled at her.

It was now a quarter til 8, the boys said they were playing at 8:30, and Laurel wanted to be able to see Ashton before they went on.

"We need to go, Laurel."

"Okay just let me put my shoes on."

She looked really good. She was wearing faux leather leggings, a white tank top with I'm not exactly sure what it is on it, a red flannel, and her black converse.

(You can see their outfits here: Zoe- http://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedder=6439240&.svc=copypaste&id=140072967 Laurel-http://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedder=6439240&.svc=copypaste&id=140073986)

We walked out to the van and drove to the party with directions given to us by the boys. Needless to say, we got lost. She called Ashton, and he just texted us the address so we could put it in our GPS. We got there a few minutes later, and as it turns out, it was only two blocks away from our house.

We walked in the house to discover that pretty much everyone from school was here. Even though it was a large house, every space was filled. I grabbed Laurel's hand so I didn't lose her as I pushed through people to get to the back porch, where Ashton told Laurel that they would be until they went on.

"Laurel!" Ashton yelled excitedly. She ran over to him and they hugged.

I walked over to the rest of the boys, and they all gave me quick hugs. We looked over at Laurel and Ashton, and they were still hugging. Oh god.